Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: About time?

Default About time?

Been around for some time now, nj but somehow never got around to doing this bit, idf24 ... but Nutjob's posting got me thinking and I guess “it’s time to do the right thing”! ;D

I’m a psychologist in Pretoria specializing in clinical hypnotherapy for pretty much anything, as long as it’s over the age of about 14 or so – anything younger than that is REALLY scary! I also have an interest in natural medicines and homoeopathy (Does this need to go into the “Fair Disclosure” section?)

In preparation for “revenge of the barbarian hordes”, I bought my first gun in ‘94 (yes Sheila, it was “Another Dreadful Pistol” …. but I did buy a Glock later! tup). Of course I never actually needed to shoot it fighting0035 because them pesky hordes never pitched up for some inexplicable reason confused0083. It also goes without saying that I never actually needed to practise with my gun because “I was in the army!” fighting0002

Joined PDPC 3 days before the deadline for renewal in March 2007 after doing my competency there. Participated in my first shoot 3 days later because I had been advised by an SAP patient that being “an active club member” fighting0002 significantly improved your chances of getting your license. grn1

The SO on my first shoot was Deon Booysen, who is now in Aussie. His patience, forbearance and steely nerve (and that of the rest of the detail), in the face of what I now realise was an utterly clueless and thoroughly dangerous cowboy confused0068, was awesome! Instead of repeatedly DQ’ing me and chasing me away to the sound of derisive laughter, I was patiently taken aside after each stage by someone on the detail and instructed on just exactly what I had done wrong! lv29 lv29 lv29 lv29 lv29 lv29 lv29 lv29

Like many others, I discovered GunSite by accident. The wealth of knowledge on the site, is mind boggling, as is the willingness to freely share this experience with others! kissass

The one thing I have not been able to findon this site, is the warning that it is highly addictive & rapidly leads to the development of obsessive-compulsive disorder, with severe withdrawal effects when not receiing regular exposure to "Show unread posts since last visit!" whp

Conclusion? This is a truly awesome bunch of people to be associated with – thanks guys …

and girls …

and resident GID’s …

and even iFly’s ….

hpy180

Default Re: About time?

happy0065 happy0065 That is about the best introduction Ive see. Welcome , glad you like it.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Dude....welcome aboard....I think we might just need you but to be truly part of the scary bunch you first need a initiation session in the Dungeon...so please make an appointment.... grn1

Quote Originally Posted by Corné
    Dude....welcome aboard....I think we might just need you but to be truly part of the scary bunch you first need a initiation session in the Dungeon...so please make an appointment.... grn1

lv29

What ???

Where ???

When ???

So tell me, do you do this often? confused0083

And, how does this make you feel? whp

Howzit KevinF!

Great Intro.
    Free samples of beer & popcorn below.

pcrn pcrn hpy180 hpy180

Enjoy

;D
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF
    I’m a psychologist in Pretoria specializing in clinical hypnotherapy for pretty much anything, as long as it’s over the age of about 14 or so – anything younger than that is REALLY scary! I also have an interest in natural medicines and homoeopathy (Does this need to go into the “Fair Disclosure” section?)
    Only needs to go into fair disclosure if you start advocating the use of lead or other metals for "rehabilitation" purposes. ;)

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

Super introduction - now that's what an intro is supposed to be.

Welcome, great to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Murphy
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinF
    Only needs to go into fair disclosure if you start advocating the use of lead or other metals for "rehabilitation" purposes. ;)

Sean.

Sometimes you have to send a defective item back to the manufacturer so that it can be repaired! Hopefully, after being fixed, it will perform more reliably the next time round! tup

WOW..... very good intro.... im glad i could help out indirectly.... welcome to GSSA

Hi Kevin,

Great intro! We've shot together a couple of times and you are indeed a gentleman and good range buddy! I think you've inspired some of us to do the same!

Good effort, much respect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast