Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default CZ 75 TS modifications for IPSC

After trying to get meaningful information from the two CZ forums I could find and without being too successful, I decided to start our own local thread on the topic.

The purpose of this thread is for the IPSC members to discuss modifications to their CZ 75 Tactical Sports for competing in the Standard Division as well as discussing all sorts of other issues the gun may have or they may have experienced.

Mods, please move the tread to a more appropriate location if I missed the boat ...

Default Re: CZ 75 TS modifications for IPSC

I'll start ...

This is a photo of my CZ 75 TS all dressed up in gold ...

IMG_3633.jpg

I bought the grip panels at the Extreme Euro Open last year before I even had the gun. A friend of mine in Serbia sent me the matching mag well as a surprise gift this year.

After I kept pressing the mag release with my weak hand due to an extreme cant of that hand I used to use over the past 20 years of shooting, I added the RHT Gas Pedal to stop my hand from rotating too far forward and thus prevent me from pressing the mag release during recoil.

My now new support hand position caused the base of my weak hand thumb to engage the safety after ever shot or so. I therefore added an extended safety that solved that problem. It seems as if I may have to reduce some of the front corner of the safety as it now eats at my thumb during recoil.

I currently have Alex Gogos working on new followers for my magazines. It seems as if I will be getting at least 18 rounds in a mag with ease. Adding a plus one shoe may then see 19 rounds in the mag.

The gun however does not fit in the standard gun box with the original CZ +1 shoe and the fixed sights (or at least, it did not fit in the Double Alpha box used during registration at the last nationals). I like the fixed sights and am considering having about 1.5 to 2mm milled off the front and rear sights to allow the gun to fit into the box. I just hope there is enough sight left in front for the sights to work properly.

And that is that for now.

Does the gas pedal only assist with placement of the support hand thumb, or is it also for recoil control?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Gas pedal does help with recoil control somewhat. Provides a nice positive contact point for extra grip assistance.

I use it for both although on the TS, I must admit that I did not feel I really needed additional recoil control.

User

How does the grip on the TS compare to the 2011/double stack. I shot a STI Edge one day an did not really like the grip on the STI. Felt very blocky.

Had a long discussion with a few people about this subject of "gun fit" the other day. Most competitive shooters I know tend to be guided by what the top guys shoot forgetting that they shoot what they shoot because they are sponsored.

Yes, I do believe that you can become extremely proficient with any handgun given enough practice. I have found that he TS sits extremely well in my hands and allows the gun to point very accurately ... a lot more than my Para and more even than a SV I used for a shot while.

What I am saying is that we all differ and we should look for a gun that fits our hands and shooting style as comfortably as possible. This is why I went for the TS and not another Para or an STI even though they are beautiful pieces of work to use.

I had the same problem of depressing the mag release with my support hand, I ended up shortening and slightly angling the release. I shoot too many other handguns (and are way too dumb) to develop a specific 'style' just for this one. Only other change is using a stronger recoil spring.

User

I have never really liked big/extended magazine releases. I have quite big hands, so I suppose that is why. I have filed down the one on my G35 and also removed the extended slide release and installed a normal low profile one on the G35.

Thanks for the tips so far. I will check these out when the CFR finally gets around to my application.

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    I had the same problem of depressing the mag release with my support hand, I ended up shortening and slightly angling the release. I shoot too many other handguns (and are way too dumb) to develop a specific 'style' just for this one. Only other change is using a stronger recoil spring.
    Stronger recoil spring? Why?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast