Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: "Too Scared too Guard" wonder what GFSA RESPONSE would be?

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    Given that the state is scared of the security industry (and all them guns) blah blah = new legislation to "save the country", no surprises to find Angelique Serrao (of DSG fame + fronting for people going after a certain other arms dealer) in the frontlines to further the cause of new regulations...!
    This. Whenever I see that woman's name, I'm immediately suspicious.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Murphy View Post
    That is because we understand the limited capabilities of the average undertrained Response officer and realise that we can do much better for ourselves and therefor use them only for the limited protection that they can provide our property while we are unable to be present. However, the sheeple seem to believe that Armed Response companies employ super soldiers that will be there to protect them at a moments notice.

Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    Problem: limited capacity and cost.

How many areas offer these patrols, how available is property in these areas, and at what price? It's pretty obvious that there isn't much room for expansion, considering how few of these guys are around.

Agreed, backup is nice, but they're not the first responders....and shouldn't be.
    The biggest problem is that until the shit hits the fan most people are convinced that if they press that little button next to the front door, multiple ground units, navy snipers and attack choppers will immediately appear around their homes. As such they are unwilling to see or hear differently and getting them to change is near impossible.

Cap was founded in a Jewish area by a Rabbi who was concerned about the number of attacks that were happening to his people walking too and from Shul. People were becoming too scared to even walk in the streets. In response he set up the non profit organisation that relied purely on donations. The key focus was to reduce contact crime in the area by active patrols and feed back from the community when anything suspicious was reported.

The idea proved to be very successful and drastically reduced contact crimes. It then spread to a few other suburbs with the same success story. Only very recently did they start monitoring alarms and because of the extra revenue they really have expanded the operation.

I stand under correction but last I heard there were around 60 vehicles on the road at any given time in a 6km radius. I see at least one vehicle within one km of my house every time I leave or arrive home.

CAP essentially evolved to suit the requirements of the area that it currently operates in and would be very difficult to set up in other areas, you would need a huge amount of people to pledge monthly contributions in order to get it off the ground. The property in CAP patrolled ares is not notably more expensive than similar areas without the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    This. Whenever I see that woman's name, I'm immediately suspicious.
    She is a journalist - she doesn't create news. I find her articles very thorough and well-written. I guess if you are friendly with the subject of the investigation, then it might appear as though she has an axe to grind, which she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sl@de View Post
    I have a training contract with them
    If one of them shoots kak and tags me in the arse I am coming for you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by L~C~G View Post
    The biggest problem is that until the shit hits the fan most people are convinced that if they press that little button next to the front door, multiple ground units, navy snipers and attack choppers will immediately appear around their homes. As such they are unwilling to see or hear differently and getting them to change is near impossible.

Cap was founded in a Jewish area by a Rabbi who was concerned about the number of attacks that were happening to his people walking too and from Shul. People were becoming too scared to even walk in the streets. In response he set up the non profit organisation that relied purely on donations. The key focus was to reduce contact crime in the area by active patrols and feed back from the community when anything suspicious was reported.

The idea proved to be very successful and drastically reduced contact crimes. It then spread to a few other suburbs with the same success story. Only very recently did they start monitoring alarms and because of the extra revenue they really have expanded the operation.

I stand under correction but last I heard there were around 60 vehicles on the road at any given time in a 6km radius. I see at least one vehicle within one km of my house every time I leave or arrive home.

CAP essentially evolved to suit the requirements of the area that it currently operates in and would be very difficult to set up in other areas, you would need a huge amount of people to pledge monthly contributions in order to get it off the ground. The property in CAP patrolled ares is not notably more expensive than similar areas without the service.
    It sounds like a fantastic initiative, and it works because the community is actually actively involved, not just supportive of it.
    Community involvement, well...That's the golden ticket that's so hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by sl@de View Post
    They in particular slammed guards who responded to a crime in progress but were too scared to enter a property – rather choosing to sit safely in their cars or park further down the block and wait for back-up.
    Yup. Many security companies trade in illusions.

The average middle class bloke honestly believes that for his R1k a month he's buying that someone else (who usually himself barely gets by, often lives in a total hovel and may well have a deep dislike of Mr Middle Class) will somehow willingly and aggressively put his life on the line to save Mr Middle Class and his family.

And so Mr Middle Class has in his own mind somehow shifted the responsibility for the safety of his family from himself to a third party for a very cheap price.

What planet does Mr Middle-Class come from? Apparently the same one as GFSA, which trades in exactly the same illusion.
    Last edited by Wanderin' Zero; 15-07-2014 at 13:50.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis;686821[B
    ]She is a journalist - she doesn't create news.[/B] I find her articles very thorough and well-written. I guess if you are friendly with the subject of the investigation, then it might appear as though she has an axe to grind, which she doesn't.
    What planet do you live on?

Last time I checked,myself for starters, dont have any ties to DSG or the security industry or any other arms dealer...

They chose her for her "skills" so she seems more credible, most "journos" are nothing but mercenaries.

misinformation101...

Gullible much?

Last edited by curious george; 15-07-2014 at 14:08.

User

The best person to tackle any potential problem is the one most affected by it. Everything is a prioritization or a compromise. Boggles the mind how people choose to "outsource" critical functions.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Yup. Many security companies trade in illusions.

The average middle class bloke honestly believes that for his R1k a month he's buying that someone else (who usually himself barely gets by, often lives in a total hovel and may well have a deep dislike of Mr Middle Class) will somehow willingly and aggressively put his life on the line to save Mr Middle Class and his family.

And so Mr Middle Class has in his own mind somehow shifted the responsibility for the safety of his family from himself to a third party for a very cheap price.

What planet does Mr Middle-Class come from? Apparently the same one as GFSA, which trades in exactly the same illusion.
    DITTO!

Well put!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast