Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gathering information

I'll gladly stump up R2k to a properly led led initiative.

Be it an ad, research paper, whichever.

I think a ball does need to start rolling, and this can start it.

The NRA has individuals, clubs, dealers and corporates contributing to it's coffers. They have a lot of clout and it's the contributions that play a very large part in doing it.

• SAGA has dropped the ball.

• GOSA is quiet on this. (I'm not involved but I have a feeling that it's structural related)

The problem is that we are a mass of shooters that wants something done, some are prepared to pay, some are prepared to step out and do. Thankfully.

But we still need some direction....

GSFA will kak themselves if we actually get organised.

The question is where do we channel our resources?
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

User

I agree with 45Trundle. The NRA sets a brilliant example of how firearm enthusiasts can get together and effectively lobby for gun ownership. That's the direction I would love to see us head. I will also be willing to contribute financially to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    It's a good idea but won't it cost a heck of a lot?
    Yes, it probably would.

But we also need to box clever. We preach to the converted far too often and don't get ourselves out there.

As a constructive criticism, and I do mean that, organizations such as SAGA and GOSA may be described as perhaps a bit insular, or maybe just trying to do everything themselves is a better way of putting it? By that I mean there is not enough visible out-reach to other organizations which are not gun organizations but potentially vital partners.

GOSA should be interacting with the likes of rape victim support groups and so on. I trawled a bit on gun ownership and sexual violence and guess what? Positive correlation. Many rape victim support groups are in the GFSA corner, and their voice is powerful. They think by lobbying for stricter laws or banning guns they will be accomplishing something. We need to interact with them (especially their members as the leadership may be too far gone) and show that the laws are not there when the bad man comes knocking. The attacker is already breaking the law, whats another? If you take away his gun (likely not because he's a criminal and has one anyway) you take away her gun; and then how do you defend against the man twice your size armed with a panga?

GFSA exploits and encourages vulnerability whilst people on this forum encourage the opposite. But this fact is very successfully drowned out by GFSA, and to our discredit we don't really convey the message all that well. So why not pass the message on and let those who can spread the word more effectively do so?

GFSA is so successful because it is well-funded and staffed by professional lobbyists. They are miles ahead of us, but all is not lost - so long as we steel ourselves for a Stalingrad campaign. We need to accept this, and the way to deal with it is to build allies with other organizations.

I think I've said it before but we need to add to the likes of Paul's Tackoloshe (sic?) initiative. Perhaps free training and range sessions for persons referred via a rape support group i.e. victims would be a good - and pretty simple start. We should also be aiming at Moms.

Train them, empower them, and set them free upon the world - one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    Yes, it probably would.

But we also need to box clever. We preach to the converted far too often and don't get ourselves out there.

I think I've said it before but we need to add to the likes of Paul's Tackoloshe (sic?) initiative. Perhaps free training and range sessions for persons referred via a rape support group i.e. victims would be a good - and pretty simple start. We should also be aiming at Moms.

Train them, empower them, and set them free upon the world - one at a time.
    Now that is good thinking.

ZK, you have a nice train of thought there.

Maybe get some of the personal defense guys involved as well. My wife and eldest did an elementary Krav Maga course a while back and they really enjoyed it.

Making a day of it, starting with mindset and moving up the scale all the way to an intro to firearms is a good start. They will surely walk away with a can do mindset and be far more open to FA's.

Sponsored by.......insert relevant FA organizations, dealers

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    Yes, it probably would.

Invite some lady journos from the Magazines for a 'free' session.
    They are always looking for good content.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Trundle View Post
    Invite some lady journos from the Magazines for a 'free' session.
    They are always looking for good content.
    Now we're talking!!

ZK. The instructors would make or break this.

Especially with the journo's, as they will be looking for a reason to shoot this down.

Underneath they will know that this is what every lady needs, we need to get the victim mindset out and replace it with a confidence mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Trundle View Post
    ZK. The instructors would make or break this.

Especially with the journo's, as they will be looking for a reason to shoot this down.

Underneath they will know that this is what every lady needs, we need to get the victim mindset out and replace it with a confidence mindset.
    Definitely, definitely, definitely!

It must be all about empowering women and sending them back to their lives in charge of, and feeling super-confident with, their own security and aware of the need to help other women avoid becoming victims of violent crime.

Slowly, slowly, one by one.

User

Be very very careful. Depending on the journo, they may shoot it down no matter what! How many times have we seen their agenda clouding reality!

Look at GFSA, they will skew everything, and lie on top of that. A number of publications and other news media are seen doing the same, day to day.

Rgrds
    Fight or die

Quote Originally Posted by sarel.wagner View Post
    Be very very careful. Depending on the journo, they may shoot it down no matter what! How many times have we seen their agenda clouding reality!

Look at GFSA, they will skew everything, and lie on top of that. A number of publications and other news media are seen doing the same, day to day.

Rgrds
    Fight or die
    For sure, that is a risk. But I still think we have to do it.

Maybe go for female journos who may be sympathetic first, then build from there to the openly hostile ones?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast