User

Default S&W M&P9 Trigger work.

Ok so maybe this issue needs a new thread? ::)

Here are my observations after the trigger job I did on my own M&P - I am not a gunsmith and merely followed the instructions on this http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm

1. I posted my first report:

The reset on my M&P definitely was not non existent before I did my version of the trigger job which is by no means anything to talk about.

As I said the Glock reset is a tad shorter (I will try to measure the difference) and more pronounced as a click. The M&P now has a softer reset with a softer click than with the G.

It is funny that Hilton Yam did not have a problem per-se with the reset although he does mention that indistinct reset is a complaint.
    "The trigger was a significant improvement over previous M&P 9’s that I'd had – less grit on the take up, cleaner break. The reset was still relatively soft and indistinct as is typical with the M&P family of pistols."
    and

"The indistinct reset is a big complaint as well, but I do not shoot to reset (I let the trigger out past reset) so I learn to deal with it."

I personally do not feel the reset when I shoot my Glock, my 1911 or the M&P so it may be that I also let the trigger out past reset so it does not bother me at all. But I said also I am but a SS so my ability most probably does not count as far it goes towards giving an opinion on good or bad trigger reset.

2. My updated observations after I carefully compared my G17 and M&P9:

Ok, when I got home I checked again to try and verify more precise differences between my Glock and M&P.

Remember that this is after my trigger job (I was conservative in removing metal from the sear).

1. trigger break is definitely crisper and lighter on the M&P than on the Glock;
    2. reset on the M&P has a definite click like on the Glock but lighter than the Glock;
    3. reset is definitely not indistinct anymore if it was before - it is definitely distinct;
    4. reset travel on the Glock is 4,1mm and on the M&P it is 4,5 which gives a difference of 0,4mm / 0.015".

The trigger on the M&P is overall better than my Glock.

User

Default Re: S&W M&P9 Trigger work.

It would be great if the PC sear was available like the Glock 2kg connector. Hopefully an aftermarket one is on its way like the ghost rocket for Glocks.