Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Sticky Holsters: Retention

Short and sweet this one...

I have been mildly concerned about the retention capabilities of Sticky Holsters ever since I first saw them.

Not any more.

During the Sas Delville Wood Memorial Competition I carried a S&W M&P Shield in a Sticky MD-2 holster AIWB (at 12:15) with a spare 8-round magazine in a Sticky single mag pouch, also AIWB (at 11:45) for the entire competition.

You can see from the link to the competition above that it involved a LOT of physical activity - running, jumping, diving, crawling, rolling, leopard crawling, swinging from monkey bars and ropes, walking, more running... instructor Zero would've been in awe!

During all of this both gun and magazine were comfortable and secure.

The magazine did slide out once during the entire two days (while shooting prone during the biathlon, so a quick drop into prone and quick standing up).

The firearm never came loose, fell out or even felt in danger of falling out.

My mild concerns about whether the holster can stand up to strenuous activity has been allayed.

The Sticky is awesome.

[b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Default Re: Sticky Holsters: Retention

Interesting, when I still had my Sticky, retention was never a problem, also did some runs though an obstacle course with it with no problems. My main gripe was the holster itself would move slowly out of position ,unless I tightened my belt to a very uncomfortable point. That being said it wasn't a "gun belt" so it could have contributed to it.

My problem with them is reholstering

User

I'm sure it works, I just couldn't handle the constant feeling that it might fall out I'm already paranoid enough about my MTAC's clips (it needs loops as an option!)

Who currently has stock of the LG2 (for GLOCK 19)? A member/user on the site sold me his second hand one for a good price, but then another user called Erick managed to lose it and has been promising me one for months. MOFU!

User

That's great thanks for the review. Was looking to try these out myself

User

They are $24.95 (R262.40) from the Sticky Holsters website and they go for +-R495 locally... Wonder what shipping and customs fees will be to get it here?

User

I was impressed with JS4's shield in the sticky.....I have faith now too!

User

I EDC my G19 in a sticky, also AIWB, never had a problem, in fact, I want to get another one as my current one is pretty banged up after about a year of carrying... Still works fine, and retention etc is still great, it just looks worn!

User

Would one be able to carry AIWB and tuck a shirt in? Or would the pulling up of the shirt drag the holster and FA all out at once?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast