Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Re: When a man is pushed too far...

A pretty fair article if you ask me:

http://www.citypress.co.za/columnists/forgive-monster/

User

Wowee!

How's that for an arms cache:

When Namibia gained independence, several truckloads of weapons were ferried to Vlakplaas, from which De Kock personally passed military hardware to Inkatha warlords to use in their battle against the ANC.

These weapons were used in some of the biggest massacres – Boipatong and Sebokeng – and an estimated 64 tons of them remain hidden in undisclosed caches in KwaZulu-Natal.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post

Agreed, pretty fair in a way.

Same as I felt after reading the very well written book In A Different Time - by Peter Harris, in which the story of the young lawyer Bheki Mlangeni (mentioned in this article) is central.

But somewhere between the two sides of every story is reality.

And we, and the country, are living the reality of the ANC's victory right now.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Reading all this brings back extremely bad memories of growing up in apartheid South Africa.
    We need to move on (however painful it may be). Release him and make him live in and enjoy our beautiful country. That will be his ultimate punishment.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

If so, why would ED write a response that calls him on several lies, that JP would know were untrue and easily checked by reading the court docs. Dont say he killed someone with a spade when court docs show that another man shot him in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
    If so, why would ED write a response that calls him on several lies, that JP would know were untrue and easily checked by reading the court docs. Dont say he killed someone with a spade when court docs show that another man shot him in the head.
    My view is that if you look at what he is complaining about, they are comparatively minor points or errors in the broader context of the article as a whole and nor do they change the overall tenor of the article. I think he simply does not like the journalist – and nor would I if somebody wrote an article like that about me. The journalist is not entirely wrong about the spade either because, as is apparent, the spade was often used to make sure that the job had been finally and properly done.

Jp was there in the court when this was led in evidence. Its not a minor error in fact. ED may well be a nasty piece of work, but I doubt a spade was needed if yhe victim took a temporal through and through. ED no doubt hates JP as this is apparently 1 of many such articles JP has written. If an article has such a blatant lie in it that was clearly done to embellish ED's image as evil incarnate, what else from his pen can you trust, regardless of the subject matter.

I doubt it was deliberate on the part of JP; it would be a stupid lie to make in the context of such an easily verifiable fact and I think it would be a stretch to accuse JP of stupidity. It was in all probability simply an error of memory or somesuch like which is now being stretched into something else. Journalists, like the rest of us, are not infallible.

User

I doubt it was deliberate on the part of JP; it would be a stupid lie to make in the context of such an easily verifiable fact and I think it would be a stretch to accuse JP of stupidity. It was in all probability simply an error of memory or somesuch like which is now being stretched into something else. Journalists, like the rest of us, are not infallible.
    Except that right at the end of the article on EdK's letter Pauw relates the facts but doesn't change his stance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast