Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Interchangeable barrel systems. Any one have expeirence relating to this.

I currently have 5 complete Blaser rifles and 1 extra barrel. At one stage I had 2 complete rifles and 2 extra barrels. The switch barrels work well, and accuracy with the mounts are also not a problem. The mounts are very expensive locally, considering they are only 300 Euros in Germany. If you do opt for a switch system, my advice would be to buy the same bolt head calibers ie magnum or standard, so go for a 270 and 30-06 or a 7mm rem mag and 300 win mag than a 270 and 300win mag or 7mm rem mag and 30-06, as the bolt head, although easy to switch, is an additional pain. Switching the Barrel is very quick. I bought barrels and then slowly bought a second hand stock here or an additional bolt assembly there as funds allowed, so I could buy barrels and then later as funds allowed build them up to where I went from initially 2 complete with 2 additional to 5 complete and only 1 additional barrel. Mauser, Sauer and Blaser are all much of a muchness, they are afterall the same company. I personally would not buy the M12 or Sauer 101 as its definately a step down and if you are looking at that, rather go Sako 85 or even Winchester M70. The blaser is a lot handier and its pointability is superior in my opinion owing to its short receiver and once you have used a rifle that is so short yet still has the same barrel length, believe me its hard to going back to something like my brothers stock standard cz 30-06. I have fired the M03 on the range a few times in 416RM and compared to my Blaser R93 416RM, Im glad I dont have to carry such a long pole when Im hunting. Like I said, they're all equally good. The Sauer just looks the best.

Default Re: Interchangeable barrel systems. Any one have expeirence relating to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalk van Wyk View Post
    For the price of one M03 you can almost buy two M12's.
    +10 - Now that sounds like a much better idea!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Umshwati Boy View Post
    I currently have 5 complete Blaser rifles and 1 extra barrel. At one stage I had 2 complete rifles and 2 extra barrels. The switch barrels work well, and accuracy with the mounts are also not a problem. The mounts are very expensive locally, considering they are only 300 Euros in Germany. If you do opt for a switch system, my advice would be to buy the same bolt head calibers ie magnum or standard, so go for a 270 and 30-06 or a 7mm rem mag and 300 win mag than a 270 and 300win mag or 7mm rem mag and 30-06, as the bolt head, although easy to switch, is an additional pain. Switching the Barrel is very quick. I bought barrels and then slowly bought a second hand stock here or an additional bolt assembly there as funds allowed, so I could buy barrels and then later as funds allowed build them up to where I went from initially 2 complete with 2 additional to 5 complete and only 1 additional barrel. Mauser, Sauer and Blaser are all much of a muchness, they are afterall the same company. I personally would not buy the M12 or Sauer 101 as its definately a step down and if you are looking at that, rather go Sako 85 or even Winchester M70. The blaser is a lot handier and its pointability is superior in my opinion owing to its short receiver and once you have used a rifle that is so short yet still has the same barrel length, believe me its hard to going back to something like my brothers stock standard cz 30-06. I have fired the M03 on the range a few times in 416RM and compared to my Blaser R93 416RM, Im glad I dont have to carry such a long pole when Im hunting. Like I said, they're all equally good. The Sauer just looks the best.
    After reading your post I went and looked at the Blaser again. I'm going to add it to the list and reserve judgement until I've handled and shot one.

The entry level R8 with synthetic stock is the about the same price as the M03 Solid with a good looking wooden stock.

I still have plenty of time to decide and do product testing. :-)

How would you rate the R93 against the R8?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    ... and reserve judgement until I've handled and shot one ...
    I know what you are going to buy!!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    I know what you are going to buy!!!
    Comparing the two is like comparing a hot blond with a hot brunette. It all boils down to personal taste.......

Banned

Comparing the two is like comparing a hot blond with a hot brunette. It all boils down to personal taste.......
    My wife is blonde...

User

Does anyone have experience with the Voere LBW rifles? They are also modular rifles.

User

In that case, is there a law against having one of each??

When I'm big I want an R8 with 3-4 barrels and scopes ... I can't think of a more elegant system ... But man ... It's not cheap.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zakiwi View Post
    In that case, is there a law against having one of each??

When I'm big I want an R8 with 3-4 barrels and scopes ... I can't think of a more elegant system ... But man ... It's not cheap.
    Like a blond......

User

Have a look at the Thomson Centre Dimention,scope mounts on barrel.Value for money!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast