Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Default Re: Quantum Carry kydex holsters

Hi Guys
    Bit of a necropost, but no reason to start a new thread...
    Just got my chameleon v2 with claw and pad.
    So, the claw does its job very well - the end of the grip/mag baseplate always used to print with my other holster, and now it is completely hidden, nicely squished into my belly fat and hidden.
    However, that thing about every action and an equal but opposite one... now the back corner of the slide stick out miles.
    When i look at it whilst it is in me pant, it looks like its been pivoted, with the grip pushed in and the slide pushed out, with that outside back corner of the slide creating a little tent in my shirt.
    Its less obvious that it is an FA than the printing i had previoulsy, but i'm concerned.
    I'm wondering if maybe the position of the pad is the problem, if it was more on the guide rod side than the sights side it would likely help force the slide in too.
    At this stage i think it aids the claw in pushing the butt in, and hence the slide out.
    Has anyone else had this issue whilst using this holster, or a claw or pad in general?

User

Quote Originally Posted by MRJT View Post
    Hi Guys
    Bit of a necropost, but no reason to start a new thread...
    Just got my chameleon v2 with claw and pad.
    So, the claw does its job very well - the end of the grip/mag baseplate always used to print with my other holster, and now it is completely hidden, nicely squished into my belly fat and hidden.
    However, that thing about every action and an equal but opposite one... now the back corner of the slide stick out miles.
    When i look at it whilst it is in me pant, it looks like its been pivoted, with the grip pushed in and the slide pushed out, with that outside back corner of the slide creating a little tent in my shirt.
    Its less obvious that it is an FA than the printing i had previoulsy, but i'm concerned.
    I'm wondering if maybe the position of the pad is the problem, if it was more on the guide rod side than the sights side it would likely help force the slide in too.
    At this stage i think it aids the claw in pushing the butt in, and hence the slide out.
    Has anyone else had this issue whilst using this holster, or a claw or pad in general?
    Are you using it with 1 clip or 2? What sort of belt? And what sort of build?

Using it with one strut and pull the dot loop. Belt admittedly is not a gun belt per se, but is a pretty thick leather belt that supports itself, maybe a tad narrow.
    I'm 1.68 and 70 kilos, so short and "athletic build" i believe is the term they would use on a dating site...
    30/32 waist depending on the pants.
    Hip to hip i aint very wide, and i really have struggled to find holsters that work at any position. Weirdly a remora has give the best concealment by far, but worn very low.

User

A different belt may make all the difference, as well as experimenting with where on the belt you wear it. The belt provides the pivot for the wedge to torque the top of the gun into your body.

User

I have noticed the same thing. The top of the slide/rear sight is printing way more than with my other aiwb setup. I have removed the QC wedge, and playing around with thicker, wider foam wedges. It makes a big difference, and the printing is gone. Just getting it smoothed for comfort now.

User

With the claw, wedge, proper belt and two clips it sits as flush to my body as possble, like I am pressing the gun into myself by hand.

Hi Glocked
    Did you make your own wedges, or can you recommend where i can buy?
    I removed the wedge and it was worse, so my next step is to try with the wedge but no claw. Will report.
    I tried with a standard webbing belt this am just for fun (with all attachments), a belt with zero stiffness, like a piece of string basically, and it was actually much better - so damn weird!
    Its a dark art, this aiwb thing!

User

Quote Originally Posted by MRJT View Post
    Hi Glocked
    Did you make your own wedges, or can you recommend where i can buy?
    I removed the wedge and it was worse, so my next step is to try with the wedge but no claw. Will report.
    I tried with a standard webbing belt this am just for fun (with all attachments), a belt with zero stiffness, like a piece of string basically, and it was actually much better - so damn weird!
    Its a dark art, this aiwb thing!
    I have made my own wedge, shaping some high density foam and glueing it to the bottom of the holster, with the v2 wedge removed. I use a CR Speed belt, some have mentioned that it is too stiff, but is working well for me now. Will try it out with other belts later. The single clip also worked better for me, the second clip to the front made my belt bulge a lot which looks funny, and creates an unnecassary focus point. Play around with belt tension as well, I have found that I wear my belt with a lot less tension than what I used for strong side carry, and it works for me.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11