Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hunting farm - Wild & Wragtag

Hi all

In Tuesdays episode of Wild & Wragtag they hunted on a farm somewhere on the West Coast (I think). I missed the first few minutes but they mentioned Onderwaterboskraal and at the end of the show the credits shows Witkruis Game & Hunting. Google shows me no information on either of the above two names.

Does anyone of GS have some more information/details with regards to this farm?

Thanks

User

Default Re: Hunting farm - Wild & Wragtag

Best guess is to contact the West Coast chapter of the Weskaap Hunters society. He was there as well if I remember correctly.

http://www.huntingplaces.co.za/wes%2...ereniging.html

Ah OK. Will try that.

Sending a message to the Wild & Wragtag FB page delivered nothing thus far and the website still seems to be stuck on season 1, so I don't think sending a mail to the contacts on there will help as they could have changed production companies.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Nieuwoudt View Post
    Hi all

In Tuesdays episode of Wild & Wragtag they hunted on a farm somewhere on the West Coast (I think). I missed the first few minutes but they mentioned Onderwaterboskraal and at the end of the show the credits shows Witkruis Game & Hunting. Google shows me no information on either of the above two names.

Does anyone of GS have some more information/details with regards to this farm?

Thanks
    Had it recorded on the PVR, just watched it. Farm is called Onderboswaterkraal and is near Hopefield. You are correct the company is called Witkruis Sustainable Game and Hunting. Also can not find more info google

PS - Have seen that CY Land Rover a few times at my local Spar will "ambush" the owner when he is on a milk and bread run and ask him for contact details or better yet ask him to join GS.

Thanks HvR

Almost sure I have also seen that vehicle somewhere around here.

I contacted the chairperson as per DJ Vier's link but seems like he is no longer the chairperson but gave me the details of the new chair at West Coast branch of SAJWV. Received some feedback from him as he only knows a farm Waterboskraal (or something along water, bos and kraal) but have sent a mail to them to find out more. He also mentioned Hopefield, so I think we are getting closer.

Sherlock Holmes will report back once I have more on this lead.

User

Hi Johan

Any luck finding this hunting spot? Would also like to hunt closer to home.

Cheers

Hi Hunter

Nope. No reply yet from the SAJWV guy. Also have another possible lead but have not had time to follow up. As soon as I have something I will let you know.

As a side note, saw the other day that a farm near Fraserburg actually had Warthog on the list of species to hunt and I doubt whether they are kept inside fenced boundaries, then someone else mentioned (can't vouch for accuracy) that apparently Kudu's have also been moving down further with some reports of them being north east of Ceres. Seems like it is not only people that are interested in the Western Cape. Pretty soon we should have a few farms with nice terrain and species close to Cape Town.

User

Cool thanks Johan...please PM me when you have any info.

Have a good day.

Daar is 'n baie lekker boogjag plaas naby Langebaan. Die plek se naam is www.thalithali.co.za. Dan is daar twee baie lekker jagplase naby Beaufort Wes wat ek gereeld jagters na toe neem. PM my as jy dalk inligting soek.

That farm is owned by someone involved with Kaapjag, I phoned them. At this stage there is no hunting on that farm, it was only used for that episode.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast