Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Vixen Rifle scopes

I had the 4-16 on my 3006 for over a year, great hunting scope and well worth the money.

User

I took the plunge and bought the 4x16x44 scope for my 30-06 and I must say I am very satisfied with my purchase. At the time only the duplex recticle was available. To date I have had no qualms with the scope and has performed better than the shooter. Although Camdix is the only distributor of these scopes and the name is relatively unknown I do not think that it should be discarded as a viable option especially for someone on a budget. I feel that at entry level they compete with the other brand names that get thrown around when advice is asked.

My wishlist definitely contains the VII series with illuminated red dot.

User

Also search on Jaracal. Piet Breedt did a very positive long term review on the top of the range Vixen Artemis LR 34mm tube scope. So much so that hes keeping it on his 260 Remington rifle.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Second thread revival - any other opinion on / experience with Vixen ? I am looking at their 2-8x32 for walk-and-stalk hunting.
    I have actually gone the other way, just bought a Vixen 3-12x40 for my 375 Ruger to replace the 2-7x33 Redfield Revolution currently on it. The area we typically hunt in requires the odd longer shot across the valley, where the 7x just didn't cut it.

If you can find a Redfield as above I can wholeheartedly recommend it, brilliant scope, the Revolution series is made in the USA and compares with the Leupold VX1 range (Redfield is owned by Leupold).

Hope to get a chance to take the Vixen to the range this weekend, a friend has the 6-24 x 56 on his .22-250, and it boxes way above its price range in my opinion. It may actually be optically superior to my Vortex PST...

User

Banned

Thanks for the replies; a Vixen telescope on my Sako Vixen could just add some spice to life.

User

I am also quite interested in the Vixen scopes due to Camdix's special offer on the scope/rifle combos...

I am battling to find out whether they have FFP and SFP scopes available. Busy researching the pro's and cons of both.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva10210 View Post
    I am also quite interested in the Vixen scopes due to Camdix's special offer on the scope/rifle combos...

I am battling to find out whether they have FFP and SFP scopes available. Busy researching the pro's and cons of both.
    SFP only if memory serves me right. Biggest difference between SFP & FFP is $$$. Guess it all comes down to your intended purpose.

Banned

I think their top end range is FFP

Vixen scopes are very OK, some of my hunting buddies use them. Like many brands they too do not come in FFP - not yet at least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2