Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    User

Default Re: Trespasser wandering around in my front yard

Condolences Gertjie.

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    Just a thought. Do you ever drink alcohol. Most South African men will have a few drinks and generally go over the legal limit. Some more than others. According to the law you can have your firearms confiscated and be declared unfit to own a firearm if found guilty handling a firearm while under the influence of alcohol. What do you do with your firearm when you are having a few drinks with your buddies?
    Luckily we can control just how much we drink, if anything at all. I see it as risk management, I take my family's safety serious enough not to get arse over tits drunk.

I do however have a splash of single malt now and again, but not enough to put me out.

User

I like to get pissed once a month or so. But when I get my self defence firearm I will not be doing that. I can control myself and I intend to do just that. A drink or 2 instead of half a bottle + shooters will be it for me.

You have a seriously dangerous tool hanging on your hip and you have a responsibility to ensure safe carry and use of said tool. If you want to get drunk then don't carry. If you want to carry then don't get drunk. That's not hard to grasp is it?

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    Just a thought. Do you ever drink alcohol. Most South African men will have a few drinks and generally go over the legal limit. Some more than others. According to the law you can have your firearms confiscated and be declared unfit to own a firearm if found guilty handling a firearm while under the influence of alcohol. What do you do with your firearm when you are having a few drinks with your buddies?
    Well the same law applied to driving but... I can own a car and sit in my car, but I can't drive it while over the limit..

Do you know what a nice, soft target is for criminals of all kinds? A drunk person. Mildly drunk might make you unpredictable, but fall-down drunk makes for easy pickings.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14