Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: new ipsc club and range

All the best - that is near my holiday house, & I'll come shoot there if I'm around :)

Sorry guy if I stepped on toes that was not what I set out to do.
    I myself am investigating starting a SAPSA club.
    criteria I have been given is that I need a club costitution to advise of club colours (not quite sure what that means). Need 10 members and qualified RO's.

Now the RO's alone are a problem because as I am not a RO under SAPSA myself, and this is a bit of a drawn out process to become an RO I believe.
    Also as this is a new club starting from scratch I do not have 10 members to join SAPSA straight off.

Further as this is posted under the clubs/ Shooting ranges section and the club is not off the ground yet, I just wanted to provided an alternative avenue.

sorry once again if I came across disrespectfull as I said that was not my intention.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Goblin View Post
    Sorry guy if I stepped on toes that was not what I set out to do.
    I myself am investigating starting a SAPSA club.
    criteria I have been given is that I need a club costitution to advise of club colours (not quite sure what that means). Need 10 members and qualified RO's.

Now the RO's alone are a problem because as I am not a RO under SAPSA myself, and this is a bit of a drawn out process to become an RO I believe.
    Also as this is a new club starting from scratch I do not have 10 members to join SAPSA straight off.

Further as this is posted under the clubs/ Shooting ranges section and the club is not off the ground yet, I just wanted to provided an alternative avenue.

sorry once again if I came across disrespectfull as I said that was not my intention.
    All fair... much respect for that. And to be honest, I may have been a bit harsh (I am stopping smoking, makes me irritable).

I do not have first-hand experience with this, but am a member of a brand new IPSC club as well (my second club). IPSC is very similar in that respect.

Constitution for the club.
    RO Training.
    SAPSA, and the regional bodies (NGPSA, CGPSA etc) provides help with these as far as I know. SAIRO (SAPSA Range Officers institute) also helps with RO training etc.

I do not believe there is a 'minimum number' or members required though, but I may be wrong.

As much as the two sporting bodies are different, the number of similarities seems to be in the majority

User

GG,

Out of interest where did you get that criteria? I am now really curious because if someone is putting obvious obstacles in your path I am prepared to try to sort it out. PM inbound.

User

I do not believe there is a 'minimum number' or members required though, but I may be wrong.

Min no of members 5 to affiliate with sapsa.

Default new ipsc club and range

Starting a new IDPA club must be hard considering the legislated lack of movement ;)

User

I recall reading somewhere on SAPSA website, that for a club event to be recognised by SAPSA (I.e. For u to be eligible for points for the club event) they needs to be a minimum of 10 people participating.

Will try and find the link

User

Quote Originally Posted by HitMan_ View Post
    I recall reading somewhere on SAPSA website, that for a club event to be recognised by SAPSA (I.e. For u to be eligible for points for the club event) they needs to be a minimum of 10 people participating.

Will try and find the link
    Sorry not SAPSA. IPSC website.
    https://www.ipsc.org/matches/ratings.php

Point 22: Recommended minimum competitors

maybe thats where the 10 member requirement comes from?

For many years the Nelspruit club existed, hosted matches and was affiliated to SAPSA with three and eventually only one member. Simply state that for official events you will use provincial ROs. There are no requirements for official ROs if normal club events.

In any case, SAPSA does not directly have anything to do with your affiliation. You affiliate as a club to your province and theyr in turn pay a certain amount over to SAPSA per club and affiliated member ... that is it. How the club itself is run and how the club manages to host official events are no concern of theirs as long as the club manages to host events according to the rules.

Initially you may not even want o host official events due to inexperience, member numbers, etc. etc.

This is my 2c in any case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2