Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: 300 WSM: Your experience with this caliber?

Reviving an old thread. Khumba did you get your 300 WSM? If so what did you get?

What is the current case availability and die availability? Looking at getting my hands on this puppy:

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/12VLPDBM/

User

User

Bought it and sold it again to customer who could not wait any longer for a rifle. He is very happy with his Tikka 300WSM.

User

I know this is reviving a rather old thread but I feel that the discussion is still relative now. With the increase in loading components and factory ammo, which would you choose today? Has anyone got some pros/cons they’ve experienced with the 300wsm that they wouldn’t mind sharing?

User

Just love my 300WSM. Easy to load, got sub moa loads with S365, S385, N560 and currently using Norma URP behind a Hornady 208 ELD-M ( my barel twist 1 in 10). I have shot gongs up to a mile and regularly achieve half inch groups at 500m. My cases last me for more that 10 loadings, sometimes up to 14 if I look after them. It's built on a short action, economical on powder compared to the full size brother and less complicated due to the absence of a belt. Like all magnums meat damage is excessive at close ranges with light bullets, but with the right bullets and good shot placement it is an excellent hunting caliber.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

User

It sounds like you have got your beast properly dialed in Kourus. What rifle have you got the 300 wsm in? I’m tempted to go for a tikka in either the Short or Standard Magnum.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adie View Post
    It sounds like you have got your beast properly dialed in Kourus. What rifle have you got the 300 wsm in? I’m tempted to go for a tikka in either the Short or Standard Magnum.
    My rifle is a Winchester Coyote light. I must admit that it has been accurate from day one and It was difficult to pick a load during load development at 100m as all loads grouped at most one inch. I had to go further to pick my load and look for low SD and ES to group at 500m.
    Another member of this forum has the same rifle and he is also extremely satisfied with it. Tika Is also an excellent make. They make very good quality accurate rifles. I'm not sure what the barel twist is though. Although I had good results with lighter bullets it was the 208's that took me to 1000m and beyond.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3