Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ouch - MSA Sordin Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Just be glad you didn't go for the Peltor Comtacs
    Why would that be?

Was an expensive initial outlay but worth every cent.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Why would that be?
    He complained about price

http://www.gicombatsupplies.co.za/co...p-headset.html

I own them and they are fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Even at the current price (we have had about 4 price increases due to fx mostly since we started selling these) they are still a good buy compared to what the USA price is.

http://srstactical.com/all-products/...-od-green.html

= x 11 = R2640.00 excluding shipping and duties.
    I was not complaining about the price per se, just the hole it left in my bank account and my tummy

And I know it is a decent price when one is buying quality. I should have bought 2 Glocks 2 years ago. Would have saved some money.

Same with these. They are quality and they are only going to get more expensive as time goes by.

Thanks for keeping the prices decent Khumba. I know a lot of suppliers are looking out for us consumers in more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Was an expensive initial outlay but worth every cent.
    I know Skaaphaas :-). Your advice about these was duly noted. And it was part of the decision to take the plunge.

That and this funny thing that happens when I am on a shooting range with a gun on my hip or I am busy shooting. People want to talk to me :-P.

Time to look after my hearing and be able to enjoy the chats at the range with fellow competitors.

User

They are good when they work.
    Mine started giving problems after 2-3 years (the sound quality went down and they start to switch off by themselves). Returned them to Hailstorm in May this year and they asked MSA to repair/fix them. Since that time (despite reminders) nothing happens (co repairs, no communication, no report). I am back to cheap Peltors and start wondering if buying the second pair for my wife was such a great idea. Good product, in my book, also means good back up and good customer service. It did not work so well in my case.
    Mj

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marekjan View Post
    They are good when they work.
    Mine started giving problems after 2-3 years (the sound quality went down and they start to switch off by themselves). Returned them to Hailstorm in May this year and they asked MSA to repair/fix them. Since that time (despite reminders) nothing happens (co repairs, no communication, no report). I am back to cheap Peltors and start wondering if buying the second pair for my wife was such a great idea. Good product, in my book, also means good back up and good customer service. It did not work so well in my case.
    Mj
    Since May this year with no follow up? Wow. You have some patience. Sounds like a poor show. Sad to hear because the MSA's are a good product (but as you say, when they are working!).

User

Quote Originally Posted by h0stag3 View Post
    I just want to get back to this. Guys like BigT, listen to them. They have been around the block many times.

I only have one holster, the MTAC Minotaur. I have had mine for over 2years now and I have never looked back. Why do you think I do not have a whole drawer full of uncomfy holsters?

Sometimes the advice from the exprienced guys will save you money in the long run ;-).

Thanks BigT and the rest who had input on the MSA Sordin advice amongst other things.

Wait until you try the Comptac Infidal Ultra for those times when tucking isn't necessary. Haha, just a thought, I have both. Both just as good one is just a slight bit more comfortable in my opinion.

Enjoy the Sordins!! When I started shooting a few years ago, T told me straight off the bat to buy the Sordins, I did and don't regret it one bit.

User

Quote Originally Posted by lithium View Post
    Since May this year with no follow up? Wow. You have some patience. Sounds like a poor show. Sad to hear because the MSA's are a good product (but as you say, when they are working!).
    Sigh!
    I work for the Dpt of Health. You are either patient or have early coronary/stroke. Sent MSA another mail today. The thread has so many "RE:s" is refuses to fit in the subject line. Will most likely buy the interior ear-plug type next.
    Disappointing.
    Mj

Bought my Sordins directly from MSA. In Montague Gardens CPT. Just over a year ago. With Gel Pads came to just under 1200incl. Reckon they are a bit more now. But with gel pads I forget im wearing them when we shoot Clays. Find myself a lot of times in club house still wearing them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast