Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bluds Puppy...

User

Default Bluds Puppy...

Just thought I would show you my current project gun...

It is a SPA P12 Bullpup. Cheap Chinese junk...NOT!

It is (mechanically) the simplest air rifle I have ever come across, but with performance that rivals many guns 3X the price. Out the box it is a dog (noisy, clunky, pingy and with hammer bounce that would rival a misfiring diesel), but with a few minor tweaks, it becomes an absolute gem.

It's a 5.5mm, tuned to shoot at around 870fps with a 16gr pellet, and my best 5 shot group so far has been around the 11mm C2C mark at 50m...out of hand - NOT off the bench. Pretty impressive considering it is my mynah gun. I took one out at around 110m the other day, FT sitting position, and another at around 70m...standing! VERY easy to handle and shoot.

Anyway... if anyone on this forum ever buys one, and needs advice on how to convert it from the ridiculous to the sublime, contact me.

User

Default Re: Bluds Puppy...

Blud my P12 is at Wyan for a few mods.I collect it tommorow.I have not even filled it with air yet so am very keen to get her up and running.I like the blonde coloured stock it came out with.
    Great shooting btw.

User

You are gonna LOVE it Geeeee man.

We need to go and do a session at the mill again! These guns are PERFECT for PC.

User

As soon as mine is shooting straight I will arrange for a day at the mills again.Do you think it will surpass my Steyr and Daystates ability?

User

That is a might pretty rifle. Cheek weld looks uncomfortable, but the gun looks nice. Does it have a built in suppressor?

KBK

User

Quote Originally Posted by G-force View Post
    As soon as mine is shooting straight I will arrange for a day at the mills again.Do you think it will surpass my Steyr and Daystates ability?
    Camparing a R6.5K rifle to a R28K one is moot. While it will never outgun the Steyr or Daystate from an overall shooting performance POV, I can honestly say that I would take the P12 out into the field every time over my Steyr Hunter, for a myriad reasons.

Once the trigger is sorted, there is no reason you will not be able to put the pellet in the right place, at high energy, at over 50m.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    That is a might pretty rifle. Cheek weld looks uncomfortable, but the gun looks nice. Does it have a built in suppressor?

KBK
    Kay...

All you need are high mounts, and then the cheek weld is not an issue. Having said that, I use the loading port as my registration point, so remembering where to put your head each time is easy.

The shroud is empty, and all that is needed is a hair curler and 1 baffle, which is easy to have turned on a lathe out of acetyl or aluminium. My rifle is quiet enough that the discharge cannot be 'heard' beyond 30m. I am doing further mods to the shroud to make it even quieter. There is a lot of wasted volume in there.

User

Sounds great,I think the short length is a game winner.

User

That is very cool.

User

I played with this gun a couple times and blud did a moerse job with it.If any one wants to see how a man shoots freehand (uit die vuis uit) speek to bludwaffel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast