Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Husky Rescue SA

Default Husky Rescue SA

Hi everyone

This isn't exactly about hunting dogs, so if a mod feels they want to move it please feel free.

Eish, read about this earlier. Must have been hell for those dogs, stuck in a cage and unable to run away from the swarm of bees with nowhere to hide! Freak occurence?

User

Default Re: Husky Rescue SA

It was horrible. I have spoken to Siobhan and Ian and things are only returning to normal now. One dog is still critical and after having had her stomach pumped twice they recon around 400 bees were ingested. 2 dogs unfortunately did not make it.

Husky Haven has around 40 dogs that has been surrendered to them and we have 16 here in Bloemfontein. People don't do their homework before getting a dog and when the cute puppy with blue eyes turn into a irritation they just surrender them to us. Just today I had a call from a woman that has 2 females they don't want anymore. Neither one is spayed.

User

Ag nee :(

Davidc, to put your mind at ease, we love our husky (Nala) so incredibly much and she's so incredible with children, we wouldn't mind adopting another. EDIT: Remember I spoke to you quite a bit in the thread I started? It payed off!

Yes, we gave her all her shots, spayed her and she's running around like a steam train, tripping over everything and anything.

User

I wish Husky Rescue would come and take my neighbours three huskies. They live in a fenced of corner of the property because by day the place is a crèche. They howl whenever hadedas cry and I want to bekak myself when this happens before 6am.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    I wish Husky Rescue would come and take my neighbours three huskies. They live in a fenced of corner of the property because by day the place is a crèche. They howl whenever hadedas cry and I want to bekak myself when this happens before 6am.
    Unfortunately our hands are tied when it comes to these issues. Unless they are willing to surrender we cannot do anything.

User

Glad things are turning back to normal, just pi%%es me off that people dont do their home work regarding breeds. As husky's can be a handful but are such worderful animals, those damn escape artists :)

If I had a big yard I would adopt in n heart beat, but staying in complex with small yard will never work.

Guys at Husky Rescue are doing a great job and keep it up.

User

Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but do they need something other dogs dont? Just refering to the no homework comment. Ps, I don't have one, just wondering out of interest

User

Quote Originally Posted by sa-shooter View Post
    Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but do they need something other dogs dont? Just refering to the no homework comment. Ps, I don't have one, just wondering out of interest
    Big space and loads more stimulation makes for a happy husky.

User

I see, thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast