Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default military style clothing

Sorry Craig. I know how guys like to see pics...you know the drill on the net...'Pics or it never happened' Hah! ;D

We have our share of 'gear queers' but assuming your eyes and shooting / gun handling ability are up to snuff there is never a match you could not win with a bone stock AR or LM...few you could not win with an AK either depnding on the accuracy potential it had (we sometimes add bowling pins at 50 or so meters) and no optics

Besides, lots of guys use the matches to show off their guns and gear but are only marginally competent shooters. Gear does not a shooter / fighter / winner make!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Quote Originally Posted by ikor
    Gear does not a shooter / fighter / winner make!
    But it does envy make! ;D

On a serious note, thanks for the pics, it is nice to see the fun shoots that you guys have and what you get up to, and yes, yes, yes, we do like pictures. I think that's a great idea, having fun shoots, which aren't taken very seriously and where everyone's a winner.

Possibly something we could look at once a year on ourside? or does this type of event already happen?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Damn Ikor, I'm very jealous! You guys get to enjoy some very nice equipment!! fighting0035

As an aside, i wonder if something like this...where there is no 'official' club designation or sanction for a match (get togther?), etc. would fly in SA? Might have to lose the cammies and some of the military web gear goodies, etc. but would it be looked upon as some sort of 'paramilitary training'...given thet there is no training or instruction taking place other than what each individual gets out of it...or the fun sport that it really is?
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

As an aside, i wonder if something like this...where there is no 'official' club designation or sanction for a match (get togther?), etc. would fly in SA? Might have to lose the cammies and some of the military web gear goodies, etc. but would it be looked upon as some sort of 'paramilitary training'...given thet there is no training or instruction taking place other than what each individual gets out of it...or the fun sport that it really is?
    I do not think that something like this would be a problem in SA even with "cammies" and "web gear". If a venue is available, there should be no objection from the state/police/authorities. The problem in SA would be to get sufficient people together with the equipment to participate in such a event.

Quote Originally Posted by Corné
    I do not think that something like this would be a problem in SA even with "cammies" and "web gear". If a venue is available, there should be no objection from the state/police/authorities. The problem in SA would be to get sufficient people together with the equipment to participate in such a event.
    Yeah in SA there are still restrictions in terms of cammies but they are not really enforced, just for every ones interest on this topic, the law still prohibits non authorized use of the SANDF style camo (no offence to the military but anyone who does wear that pattern has serious fashion issues!) also the police STF style camo is also prohibited for non authorized use (bye goes ABHM's favourite fishing pants!) they are far better looking than the SANDF style though, imo ;D.

As far as webbing goes there are no restrictions however if you have ex SANDF issue keep the receipt! the only restrictions on webbing would be those pertaining to a holster as read in the FCA if applicable.

Bit of advice though, do not wear the gear in public, in fact dont even have camo gear in most African countries, even if not specifically illegal it still makes people look twice at you, if you do travel that way for any reason get hold of swattie and pick up some tac squad in neutral colours (being the grey man in that AO is a real plus!)
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

abhm,

Yes, you are 100% correct. From a IPSC and form a IDPA point of view it is a big no! But from the context of such a shoot and not using 'prohibited' camo, there should not be a problem. If I were to wear camo, it would be to something like this and not for some fashion statement......

hjk

I like camo but I'll rather try to convince SWATG to bring in "Big & Tall" tach clothes hpy71

The most comfortable trousers I ever owned were ex Brit Mil DPM, unfortunately mine are all toast and since Camden market burnt down my ressupply chain got toast too! if anyone knows (Craig this is for you) where I can find a ressupply on ex Brit Mil clothing please ping me the contact!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Default Re: military style clothing

Quote Originally Posted by abhm
    The most comfortable trousers I ever owned were ex Brit Mil DPM, unfortunately mine are all toast and since Camden market burnt down my ressupply chain got toast too! if anyone knows (Craig this is for you) where I can find a ressupply on ex Brit Mil clothing please ping me the contact!
    abhm that's something I'd be interested in as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast