Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Vehicle Pepper Spray

Where do you store/ keep your pepper spray, in your vehicle?

I used to keep my spray wedged in between by car seat en the slot where the safety belt clips in.... however since TODAY, I will no longer.

The metal from the safety belt has obviously been rubbing against the side of the canister and today it ruptured.

I was able to grab the pepper spray, while still driving, and I help it outside the car window, until it was emptied. Some of the gas escaped into the car, and that caused me a bit of choking and coughing. I was fortunate that none of the pepper spray landed in my eyes.

"Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

Default Re: Vehicle Pepper Spray

Damn thats nasty! You were lucky to get it out of the car before it all got out.

I have one if the jogger style canisters which has the wrist strap and a holds the spray in an elastic sleeve. I put the wrist strap around one of the spokes of the steering wheel.

User

I keep mine in the car door pocket thingie, with some other toys.

I too had a pepper spray AD in my car, interesting how the smell changed over time. Mine was luckily an almost empty tin that leaked whilst my car was parked.

User

Also keep it in the little slot on the door, just behind the button that controls the windows. However if I am parking the vehicle in direct sunlight I tend to take it out and keep it with me as I have this phobia about it going off inside the car.

Mine is a jogger-type canister made of plastic, which I keep in the console next to the hand-brake.

My SWAT direct stream comes with a metal clip that I clip to the bottom below the steering area.Just off the topic a bit.My & wife spray(bought the same time) loses some pressure having it over about a year now.Is it just the norm & needs to be replaced?

User

Bought some serious velcro from builders warehouse a while back. This stuff keeps a canister just below the door handle in the car.
    Have a buddy that had the stuff leak through the spray nozzle, in his pocket while taking his pooch for a walk, he was not a happy camper at all.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk777 View Post
    I was able to grab the pepper spray, while still driving, and I help it outside the car window, until it was emptied.

I just got another reason to quit smoking(window open in car). You never know when Dirk777 might be driving in front of you. Lol

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota View Post
    My SWAT direct stream comes with a metal clip that I clip to the bottom below the steering area.Just off the topic a bit.My & wife spray(bought the same time) loses some pressure having it over about a year now.Is it just the norm & needs to be replaced?
    Yes aerosol cans do lose pressure over time. Best to function test with a quick squirt outside every so often. At around R120, its cheap insurance to replace once a year

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast