Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Two people were injured when six suspects robbed the store at Canal Walk.

CAPE TOWN - Management at Canal Walk Shopping Centre on Thursday expressed concern about a spate of robberies at several Cape Town malls.

In the latest incident, an iStore at the mall was hit by a group of six men an hour before it closed.
    A 36-year-old security guard from the mall's response team was shot in the leg while trying to apprehend the fleeing suspects.
    The robbery took place on Wednesday evening.
    A customer was also assaulted and had to receive stitches after being hit across the back of his head.
    Management at Canal Walk says its security service provider is working closely with the police to provide a safer shopping environment for customers.
    CCTV footage has been handed to police for investigation.
    In Gauteng during August alone, three iStores were hit by robbers in separate incidents.

(Edited by Gadeeja Abbas)
    Yoh! With this type of crap happening more and more often, how can you NOT EDC to Malls anymore, let alone make it a "No Guns" allowed Zone! Clearly the BG's can't read pictures.

User

Default Re: Two people were injured when six suspects robbed the store at Canal Walk.

Expect more of this with silly season fast approaching.

User

Default Re: Two people were injured when six suspects robbed the store at Canal Walk.

This picture seemed appropriate

User

I have thought about aggressive crimes in general and my feeling is that our type of mindset among the people with practical knowledge is not far spread enough and the criminals do not receive the resistance that they should be that's why all of this happens. My one saying that I often have is that the best from of defence is offence, and society either does not understand the true meaning of the statement, or feel it is not the right approach. Force needs to be met with force.

I see a few leases reaching the end of term with no option for renewal in the very near future.

User

iStore Free South Africa!

User

These types of crimes are getting hectic.

I used to work for an independent SP on the GSM side for 8 years, looking after the Gauteng Retail channel.

Every Dec we had at least 5 of the 45 stores getting hit. Nowadays this is the monthly average it seems. Nov Dec is not going to be fun this year for these guys, as it s normally the happy season for sales.

Am I glad I am out of GSM...

User

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...bbery-20141010

Johannesburg - A man has been arrested for an armed robbery at the iStore in Canal Walk, Cape Town, police said on Friday.

The 33-year-old was apprehended at a residence in Strand on Thursday, Lieutenant Colonel André Traut said.

"It is suspected that the suspect formed part of a group of men who robbed the business [on Wednesday] of a number of cellular phones and other electronic devices," he said.

"We are hot on the heels of the other suspects and the possibility of more arrests is not ruled out."

The robbers made off with iPhones and iPads worth an estimated R1m, Fin24 reported on Thursday.

The thieves struck the iStore before the mall closed on Wednesday night.

SAPA

User

Wow, thats a decent score. R 1M in retail value. Thats a good payday

User

Quote Originally Posted by sa-shooter View Post
    Wow, thats a decent score. R 1M in retail value. Thats a good payday
    Provided they can sell it. I am sure Apple will blacklist those devices to their Apple network and render it useless once it tries to go online seeing as all their devices are registered..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast