Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Recovery & Arrest

It's always nice when a friend sends you a message saying "We just arrested an armed suspect, look what we found on him!"
    And then the picture he sends you is one of your pistol (although, it is a tiny less well taken care of).

What kind of criminal has a Taurus PT945 ? Barely anyone has one!

Recovered in Bloubos Rand, with blood on the gun and his shoes. If they find out whose blood I'll let you know.

Mods : Let me know if you don't mind a picture posted of the suspect, maybe someone here has seen him.

***As I'm receiving info, this seems to be tied to something much more serious than I thought at first. I hope the cops can link this asshole and his friends to their crimes.

User

Default Re: Recovery & Arrest

As far as I know, it's not wise to post stuff like this. Pending case and all that.

User

How do you know ita yours though?

User

should you/he really be handling it with bare hands? just curious....

Banned

How did he get your pistol ?.

Hehe, it's not my pistol, I'm wearing mine, but it was still a shock opening the pic and seeing "my" weapon!

They have posted pictures on Twitter as well, so I don't think re-posting them here would make things any worse?

The bare hands is a problem, but usually when you search a suspect you handle his things so your prints do get on them. He did say there were prints on the chrome, so if prints are needed they are much more viable there than where he is holding the weapon. There is also blood on the weapon.
    I've been thinking and I cannot recall any time I've recovered a firearm (unless it was on a scene where someone had been shot), where prints were actually taken. The weapons are usually taken and booked in at the station into the evidence safe, where it's handled with bare hands anyway. The statement by the arresting officer is usually what ties the weapon to the suspect. I agree this could be better done forensically, but welcome to South Africa.

Anyhow, there is a mountain of evidence recovered along with this, some which will make your blood run cold. Victims wallets and ID's, and then things like knives and 2-step.
    have pics there as well, but maybe I shouldn't post them.

Force feed them the Aldicarb.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Force feed them the Aldicarb.
    Preferably with their children watching.

User

Quote Originally Posted by John Reid View Post
    Hehe, it's not my pistol, I'm wearing mine, but it was still a shock opening the pic and seeing "my" weapon!

They have posted pictures on Twitter as well, so I don't think re-posting them here would make things any worse?

The bare hands is a problem, but usually when you search a suspect you handle his things so your prints do get on them. He did say there were prints on the chrome, so if prints are needed they are much more viable there than where he is holding the weapon. There is also blood on the weapon.
    I've been thinking and I cannot recall any time I've recovered a firearm (unless it was on a scene where someone had been shot), where prints were actually taken. The weapons are usually taken and booked in at the station into the evidence safe, where it's handled with bare hands anyway. The statement by the arresting officer is usually what ties the weapon to the suspect. I agree this could be better done forensically, but welcome to South Africa.

Anyhow, there is a mountain of evidence recovered along with this, some which will make your blood run cold. Victims wallets and ID's, and then things like knives and 2-step.
    have pics there as well, but maybe I shouldn't post them.
    So why dont the officers wear gloves? Besides contaminating the evidence, why take the chance with blood borne pathogens?

Or am I being to idealistic?

User

Quote Originally Posted by LukeS View Post
    So why dont the officers wear gloves? Besides contaminating the evidence, why take the chance with blood borne pathogens?

Or am I being to idealistic?
    was thinking the exact same thing.
    latex gloves can probably get really soggy/wet from sweat though. but, tactile shooting gloves would probably work well too, although not sterile/waterproof.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast