Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Plaasveiligheid

Default Re: Plaasveiligheid

So in a real gunfight sweeping happens. I, and I think everybody else, accept that. However the video is not a real gunfight, and we try to not ingrain bad habits while training.

I didn't want to reopen the debate on less-lethal weapons, I wanted you to understand the audience that it is pitched to here.

As for your challenge to someone getting shot with one, it's kind of an odd challenge. I don't want to get shot with an old Gamo springer airgun, much less on of your weapons. I know it will hurt, and badly so :-)

User

IIRC many of us were willing to take up your challenge to let you shoot us with your less-than-lethal guns, provided that we got to shoot back with proper firearms. You did not want to take that.

I am far from anonymous on this forum. Most here know me and it's not difficult to figure out who I am.

As for your marketing video - even more reason to get it absolutely perfect before publishing it. Pointing the back of your mate's skull with your firearm is a definite no-no. I don't need any other information to know that.

I would love to join you for a mission but I wouldn't want anyone behind me on the team.

User

From facebook:

"Deon here - and pissed off.This is the 2nd time we are being criticised on the Gunsite forum - this time for "sweeping" our partners.
    Well you know what mister Keyboard Warrior - at least we don't sit on our fat asses all day watching videos for mistakes. At least we get out there where the crime is and put ourselves at risk taking on armed criminals. Will you have the balls to join us?
    Do you even have the balls to give your real name? No you don't, that's why you'll always be a keyboard warrior.
    So here is my "invitation" if at all you think you can do it better, please visit me at our shop so that I can kick the shit out of you and make a video of it.
    Get a life!"

I looked at video. I think its brilliant. Not a lot of people have ever cleared rooms and had to do this kind of work.

Its impossible to not on occasion sweep over your team. If you look at video. In the more open parts where its possible every effort was made to do this. If well trained this is no problem. How are you suppose to in confined space avoid this. You cant possibly lift your firearm over the person or drop it down as you move in. The idea is to give a solid front of attack. And cover as most of the area your engaging. And yes you might need to shoot past your buddy. The attacker/intruder isn't going to wait for you to clear him. There is no time. That what training is for. So you now how your buddy moves.

Deon Good Work. I hope you sort out these attackers.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    They do seem very adept at sweeping their team members...

yeaaaaah...... nothankyouokthxgbye.
    I'm guessing they "train" with paintball markers, but they'll "be more serious" when handed real firearms. that video should be taken down, imho. it's NOT a good advert for a supposed professional service.

you dont need to be a keyboard warrior to know the basic firearm rules, including "dont point your firearm at something you dont want to DESTROY"
    you dont need to be a keyboard warrior to know that in real life, there are no "respawns". if an accident happens.... you're dead. hence, the 4 rules.

DeonC, this is a serious question, I hope you can answer it:
    Where did they receive their training?
    Last edited by Lian; 06-11-2014 at 08:38.

Gents, I cannot moderate every post, please use discretion when posting.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by LukeS View Post
    please visit me at our shop so that I can kick the shit out of you and make a video of it.
    Get a life!"
    That is not very professional...

You do have to give the guys some points for trying to help protect the farming community.

User

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post
    You do have to give the guys some points for trying to help protect the farming community.
    YES! However, if they're really so serious about it, they need to be professionally trained. Hence.... are they?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    YES! However, if they're really so serious about it, they need to be professionally trained. Hence.... are they?
    Dunno, shall I pose that question to them on facebook?

I've always wanted to be on Youtube...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Deonc View Post
    So here is my "invitation" if at all you think you can do it better, please visit me at our shop so that I can kick the shit out of you and make a video of it.
    Get a life!
    Wow. A real pleasant chap this one.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast