User

Default Student begged for help minutes before dying

Shivaar Panday a final year BComm student was on his way to write a test when he was killed as a result of a botched smash and grab incident.

A 22-year-old UKZN student who died after a smash and grab incident this morning, allegedly begged for help when he drove his red Golf into an Engen garage on North Ridge Road.

According to Collen Mzobe, an attendant at the garage, the student, Shivaar Panday, was a well known customer at the garage who lived a short distance away. “He drove in very fast and spoke loudly which was unusual so I knew something was wrong,” said the visibly shaking attendant.

“He shouted, “Collen come, please help me.” When I got to him he asked me to call an ambulance because someone had stabbed him. I ran inside to phone an ambulance and another lady there also tried. When I came back to him I opened the door and I saw all the blood and he said I must tie his leg because he was bleeding too much,” he said.

The traumatized petrol attendant said he got the first aid kit from the office and managed to tie the leg. He said he knew where the youngster lived and rushed off to get his parents.

“Nobody was there so I spoke to the security and a neighbour and told them to inform the family. The ambulance still hadn’t arrived by the time Collen’s got back to the petrol station. He was devastated to learn that Shivaar had unfortunately succumbed to his injuries.

“Its very sad. He was a good guy. We used to go to the same gym. I am traumatized and can’t believe it, I’m still shaking and can’t work.”

Members of Shivaar Panday’s family arrived at the garage but were too traumatized to speak to Berea Mail.

Panday was a final year BComm student who was on his way to write a test at university said one of his cousins.

Mayville police are investigating the murder.

http://bereamail.co.za/45625/student...-before-dying/
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&fref=nf

User

Default Re: Student begged for help minutes before dying

RIP.

User

RIP, and condolences to the family.

User

On Capetalk they have this new thing where they're not calling a traffic accident an "accident" any more, it is now a "crash". The justification behind it is that we tend not to blame people for "accidents" and by calling it a crash they're highlighting the fact that people drive like assholes.

But they're still calling it a "botched xxx" when someone gets killed. Someone other than the perpetrator, that is. IMO the only botched xxx is when the perp doesn't make it. I'm assuming they got away with whatever they grabbed. So how is this a botched smash & grab? It's almost as if the press is trying to say that the bad guys are not trying to kill anyone.

Feh.

And RIP *sigh*.

User

Sad to me .RIP. tims

User

This sucks big time.
    Condolences to his family.

Condolences to the family. Life is as cheap as that in za. Im not EMS but did this youngster just bleed out in the forecourt next to his vehicle? Thats alot of blood, I wonder if anybody stepped in to control the blood loss.

This highlights how unpredictable the effects of wounds on the human body can be. Some guys get shot half a dozen times and survive. Others get stabbed in the leg and bleed to death in a matter of minutes.

Basically, it just means that you cannot take any chances, and a guy with a knife in his hand is a deadly threat just as much as a guy pointing a gun at you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by wrm View Post
    On Capetalk they have this new thing where they're not calling a traffic accident an "accident" any more, it is now a "crash". The justification behind it is that we tend not to blame people for "accidents" and by calling it a crash they're highlighting the fact that people drive like assholes.

But they're still calling it a "botched xxx" when someone gets killed.
    I phoned in about this a couple of months ago. I can't remember what they were blabbing on about but I pointed out the terms they were looking for was "murder" and "attempted murder" not "gun violence".

Didn't get a warm response.

KBK