Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: SADPA/IDPA points

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Personally I think the points should be for completing the match. Not just starting it.
    So if someone makes a mistake and gets a DQ, or if his gun start giving issues and he cannot finish the match, must he then not get any points?

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    So if someone makes a mistake and gets a DQ, or if his gun start giving issues and he cannot finish the match, must he then not get any points?
    I agree with you. Unless someone wilfully and repeatedly gets a DNF he should get points. I don't do it for the points but we do need it to have DSS to keep our toys.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    Yup.

Points are for shooting the entire match. Not some of it.

If yours shooting a few half matches your not competing. Your obviously just ensuring you have DSS.

If you can't finish this match then best you finish the next one.

If you get DQ'd you don't get a score , so why should you get points?

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    I agree with you. Unless someone wilfully and repeatedly gets a DNF he should get points. I don't do it for the points but we do need it to have DSS to keep our toys.
    And therein lies the problem. People who want DSS not to shoot whatever sport. Te sports need to ensure that they continue being accredited so te majority of members can have a sport to compete in and the gear to go with it. It's not their job to rearward those who want to have DSS for te sake of it.

User

Yes, and then there are people who do the minimum just to get DSS and basically use the sport as a means to an end. Should they get points? There are people who would like to shoot often but can't, people who work most weekends or who can't afford to shoot regularly. On the off chance that he/she gets to shoot and his gun or ammo fails, he doesn't get points and could therefore lose his DSS. We don't want people to lose guns, do we? Most of us don't shoot for points only, for me it's just one of the perks.

User

There are pro's and cons to both sides of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    Gleock, not so. Real life has a way of interfering with recreational activities.

That being said there has been issues with people getting multiple DNF's, even on the same day to, maximize their points so steps are being taken. As I understand it currently there is no reason why you should not get your points but they will be introducing the practice of signing your score sheet at the end of the shoot, no signature no score, no score no points.

I don't know how far along they are in implementing that. Maybe in the next revision of the SADPA rulebook.

KBK
    First I have heard of this

User

I've seen a person come occasionally to a club match, shoot one or two stages, and then have to leave for whatever reason. This gets repeated through the year. I'm with T on this: you shoot the whole match, you get the points. I'm even willing to say, if you pitch in with setting up and/or breaking down you get points, not just breeze in late (regularly I should add), and shoot and leave as soon as your detail is done. If an IDPA match is too much time on the range for you, then find some other discipline that suits your lifestyle (NSA comes to mind).
    Last edited by dux; 09-11-2014 at 20:45. Reason: Sunday Night Grammar

User

I too was curious as to where all this information comes from, 1st I hear of it

I cannot believe it to be such a big issue that even warrants attention

Currently, SADPA provides points if the person starts the shoot. DNFs and DQs receive the points.

This has been discussed a few times already and I can promise you that both sides have good points. What is 'Dedicated'? That is the problem that we see is that not everyone agrees on this. Only if we agree, then we can easily answer the points question. Do we agree with the FCA implementing DSS and what is required? Do we need to make it hard on some of the members IF it does not effect other members? This is just some of the questions that needs answering.

A few notes, IF a person willfully misuses the system, the club should report him to the exco. If the exco suspects misuse of the system, I can promise you it will be looked at. With the endorsements and attendance, don't think it just gets done and forgotten, some basic quality control checks are being done.

SADPA works hard to keep the integrity of the sport in tact. Khumba mentions it a lot and I do believe if we ever feel SADPA needs to re-look some policies to ensure the integrity without unnecessary restrictions, it will be done quickly and effectively.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast