Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Man shot in front of his wife, hi-jacking gone wrong.

Not wanting to stir on a Wednesday morning... But, is it not better, IF you are unarmed, to rather comply and just give them the bloody car??
    Yes, some people that comply are also shot, but I have realised that everyone that resists do get shot. If you don't resist, you do have a chance not to get shot. I do not say you must not arm yourself and fight back, my statement is aimed at unarmed people.

http://www.netwerk24.com/nuus/2014-1...oor-gesin-dood

Default Re: Man shot in front of his wife, hi-jacking gone wrong.

If he was armed it would have ended differently.

Unfortunately I know of two people who EDC. And both of them in different circumstances had their firearms removed during a robbery. Both were well competent.
    The one carried a very concealed CZ comp. And was very well trained with it. Use to be in police service before he started his own business looking into corporate crime.
    Also had another small business in Blackheath. While working the guys just walked in and had his staff. He had no choice but let them search him.
    Had no chance of taking them on. To many and staff was in danger.

EDC will benefit you in a bad situation. But sometimes the situation doesn't happen the way you plan it. And you might not even get a chance to get your EDC weapon out.

User

Had a friend who worked in a small family Jewelry shop in Cape Town years back

They came in shooting, he got off two shots before he and his father were killed

User

Terrible news. RIP and my heartfelt condolences and prayers to the family.

Reading the article. The man was in the house. His wife outside and kids in the car. They already had his wife when they entered the premises.

I dont think even if he was armed when he exited the house. Would he have been able to engage them. They already had his wife.

Kids might have been safe in car. But a gunfight with them holding your wife and possibly bullets flying over your vehicle with kids in.
    Don't think that would have been an option.

Although they tragicly lost a father at their young age and a husband. They can have the knowledge that he died a heros death trying to protect them.
    In a lawless country.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Had a friend who worked in a small family Jewelry shop in Cape Town years back

They came in shooting, he got off two shots before he and his father were killed
    Cases like this got me thinking if they did not maybe knew beforehand that the owner EDC? I mean, if they knew, they know they will be met with resistance, hence the extreme violence? I also think that sometimes employees can feed the criminals with information. It's tough out there.

Yea, he should have totally complied so they could have turned it into a home invasion so they could come in and have fun with his wife and daughters. Good plan.

IMO he died a good death.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

We should build a wall of heroers to remember TRUE national heroes like this man, who set the example for all to follow, even unarmed he did not hesitate to sacrifice his life for his family. What a man!

Giving up is not an option, period.

User

Why do we have a lot of people on the forum thinking that you can somehow negotiate the terms of the gunfight you're going to be in? Every situation you can be in leading to a gunfight will start with you at a disadvantage. The criminals don't line up and politely ask you to comply, they will try to intimidate you into submission. It sucks but that's what you should expect.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast