Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: Man shot in front of his wife, hi-jacking gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpounder View Post
    Now whilst I agree that this is a one in a million scenario,
    Why would you base your mindset and tactics on a one in a million scenario when the majority of scenarios are far different?
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

It has the last month or two become increasingly worst in our reasonably quiet neighbourhood.
    They attacked my mother on patio in front of house, one guy armed. Luckily we got them away.
    As we came out they ran.

They broke into one house in the middle of the day with the two older people watching TV.
    They had 2 security gates. They broke to gain entry.

Couple of nights ago they deactivated motion light and entered neighbours garage.

And yesterday they stole everyones locks on post boxes. These locks are like R2 at Chinatown.
    What is the guy going to get.

And why isn't the police searching everyone walking in neighbourhoods in groups.
    Who clearly don't belong there.

In this case. It was three or four guys who attacked. Does no one see them in the streets.
    Or has neighbours and people just in general decided to not care about anything.

User

There will never be time. Unless you make time.

But carry on giving up before it happens. That will help. Not.

Talk to people who have won gunfights. The odds were the same. But they didn't comply. They sacked up and made the opportunity. And won.

Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind View Post
    Why would you base your mindset and tactics on a one in a million scenario when the majority of scenarios are far different?
    I don't think I am explaining myself properly. I've never been great at explaining myself in writing.

Basically what I'm trying to say is assessing and applying some logic to your response is vital. A lot of folks on here seem to be proponents of the 'Go Bat Shit Crazy instantly' philosophy. I would prefer to try and understand and asses what is going on first. There is no point in going bananas and shooting the crap out of the dude in front of you if there are another two behind you that you haven't taken the time to identify.

Please understand I AM NOT implying that complying is the way to go at all. It is not in my make up to comply to thugs requests. Never has, never will be. In most cases complying does not go well at all. So I repeat, I am not advocating complying, I simply think that there may be some cases, albeit very few where this MAY be an option.

User

Actually, I think I've realized something. I am perhaps suffering from what you guys like to call a mindset fail. In short, I have been 'gaming' the possible scenarios in my head, whereas I've not been thinking about getting inside the BG's OODA loop. The only way to do that is usually the 'go batshit crazy' option I suppose. In short, whilst I appreciate the nudging in the right direction, the condescension could be held back a little guys.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpounder View Post
    Actually, I think I've realized something. I am perhaps suffering from what you guys like to call a mindset fail. In short, I have been 'gaming' the possible scenarios in my head, whereas I've not been thinking about getting inside the BG's OODA loop. The only way to do that is usually the 'go batshit crazy' option I suppose. In short, whilst I appreciate the nudging in the right direction, the condescension could be held back a little guys.
    The condescension seemed to get the desired effect.

The mindset fail needs to be solved. So that what we work on. Rather hurt your feelings now and your family don't get hurt later.

User

Bad guys don't follow our logic. It does not help to try and foresee the future. As much aggression and violence as you can as soon as you can. A man with fists can overpower a man with a gun if he has but the mindset and the oppertunity he makes

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    The condescension seemed to get the desired effect.

The mindset fail needs to be solved. So that what we work on. Rather hurt your feelings now and your family don't get hurt later.
    In this case it did, and I'm grateful, but people take offense easily and will often just stand their ground with even more vigour. I've been around long enough to appreciate what is actually intended. But we are quickly getting a reputation for being unpleasant and condescending to newbies. And newbies should be constructively encouraged in my opinion. What's that saying about catching more bees with honey than vinegar?

In any case, thanks guys, will apply some mindset modification.

Bat shit crazy is what is going to save your life. Do you for a moment think that they will take it easy. They don't give a shit who they might have to kill. The best form of defence is "Attack"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast