Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Man shot in front of his wife, hi-jacking gone wrong.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

Mike Tyson

User

Skaaphaas is right. I usually react from the gut and start flailing away. It works better that the couple of times that I got analytical / cerebral and ended up getting beat down.

My understanding is there is no time to think or analyze. If you stop, you're finished. The guy in the story might have won and we'd be singing a different tune and no-one would be advocating compliance.

If you are meeting the leader and you have a chance, even if unarmed, you have to make an example of him and destroy him as violently as you possibly can. Generally speaking his mates will think "Oh fuck, better leave this shit alone".

No plans or preconceived ideas will be of any use, you have to just go with your gut and unleash the beast. We all have that beast in us, we are all capable of being as brutal as any ISIS fanatic or Nazi death commando. That's the scariest truth out there!

All you have to do is take the leash off. Training helps stop the thinking and start the acting, but the beast needed to succeed is already there and waiting.

“Haar man het toe uit die huis gehardloop en in ’n worsteling met een van die mans betrokke geraak. Een van die ander het hom in die bolyf geskiet,” het Mtshali gesę.

He had enough time to get into a scuffle, he probably would have had enough time to take one or two of them out...

A sad story, and one that is becoming all too common in SA, my condolences to the family in the OP. Another senseless and barbaric attack. It's pretty clear that life is meaningless and these scum that prey on people have no regard for you or your families life.
    Reading the posts though my opinion has always been, firstly, select carefully who you are prepared to take advice from. After that, train and get your head straight. After that train some more. Limit as much risk as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    My understanding is there is no time to think or analyze. If you stop, you're finished. The guy in the story might have won and we'd be singing a different tune and no-one would be advocating compliance. If you are meeting the leader and you have a chance, even if unarmed, you have to make an example of him and destroy him as violently as you possibly can. Generally speaking his mates will think "Oh fuck, better leave this shit alone". No plans or preconceived ideas will be of any use, you have to just go with your gut and unleash the beast. We all have that beast in us, we are all capable of being as brutal as any ISIS fanatic or Nazi death commando. That's the scariest truth out there! All you have to do is take the leash off. Training helps stop the thinking and start the acting, but the beast needed to succeed is already there and waiting.
    Very true! Only thing I would add is that an effective beast is first prize!

Every person should have some unarmed skills that they can use under extreme stress. Train, train and then train some more.

You need to be able to learn how to unleash the beast inside you. Don't expect that you will be able to unleash the beast when the SHTF. Train for it!

User

Not to be funny but....Humans are not terminators. The beast in you will get shot, like in this case. I am sure he also unleased his beast. I don't know what Gunsighter skins are made of, but mine is standard issued human tissue. Can you really fight off 3 armed guys, with your kids and wife under their control, while being not armed? It can only happen on James Bond movies. Blame me as much as you want for saying this, but this is how I sum it up.

Point is what happened is tragic and without being armed, I cannot see how he could have saved the day. You must fight fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    It can only happen on James Bond movies.
    Bullshit. There have been umpteen accounts about people fighting off overwhelming odds even unarmed. Also read my sigline. Then read it over and over until you understand it.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

I'm talking in general terms. The guy in this article might not have seen a gun and just bolted to help his wife and daughters. You can imagine the fear in the man of what could happen to them?

We are not terminators but we are beserkers. It all depends on "if you have a chance", the gap, speed is your friend. Like the guy who disarmed his attacker and shot him a few weeks ago?

Of course, if he had a gun he could have run out in his underpants and engaged them.

User

I hear you Thorkind. Nothing is impossible. I also believe that.
    But I wonder what his wife and kids are thinking today...
    Just put yourself in their shoes for a while. They are going through a terrible loss, that I can guarantee you. We don't feel their pain typing away here.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast