Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    User

Default Draft Firearms Control Amendment

Mods, who can I send the PDF top please?

On 14 Nov 2014 12:53 PM, "Soman Amichand - Director" <somana@saps.gov.za> wrote:
    Good day

Attached hereto is a Working Draft of the Firearms Amendment Bill, 2014 for your information and comments. We have been requested to submit the Draft Bill to Cabinet for consideration and approval to have the Draft Bill published in the Gazette for general comment. The Bill will be finalised after the public consultation process has been completed.

Due to deadlines given to us to submit the Draft Bill to Cabinet, you are kindly requested to submit any written comments by not later than 12:00 on Tuesday 18 November 2014. If you are unable to do so by the 18 November, you will still have the opportunity to do so when the Draft is published in theGazette. Details in this regard will be communicated once the Cabinet has given its approval for publication for general comment.

The comments may be sent to Mr Soman at e-mail somana@saps.gov.za . Could you also assist in forwarding the Draft to other bodies and persons that may have an interest. Our database may have out-dated contact details and I need to have this updated. Could you also kindly assist in sending me the current contact details of office bearers of interested organisations and bodies.

Kind regards.

A. Soman
    Director: Legislation
    Civilian Secretariat for Police
    PRETORIA
    e-mail: somana@saps.gov.za

User

Default Re: Deadline for comment is Tuesday, 18 November at 12:00 Draft Firearms Control Amen

So this is what we have been waiting for

User

Default Re: Deadline for comment is Tuesday, 18 November at 12:00 Draft Firearms Control Amen

Send it to me and will get it out to admin to handle.

User

I've uploaded a copy of the PDF: Working Draft of the Firearms Amendment Bill, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sarel.wagner View Post
    Mods, who can I send the PDF top please?

admin@gunsite.co.za
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

If I read this right, they want ballistic samples of all firearms.

That will turn into the largest abortion yet. Logistically this is not possible

User

Question: with the proposed amendment of section 16 to have DSS for 5 years - does this mean that newcomers to DMG will not get a license?

User

I briefly perused this.

they are now messing with the most compliant of all the gunowners. Guys who value their firearms, have jumped through hoops and probably have the most secure of all safe keeping facilities.

I wish the questions could be asked of how many DSS guns have been stolen and are now in the hands of criminals, as apposed to those issued prior to 2004, or police or army.

this just hacks me off.

Why are they doing this, because it is the one sector of the gun owning community where they can actually have an effect, but the effect on gun crime will be a big fat zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Castos View Post
    Question: with the proposed amendment of section 16 to have DSS for 5 years - does this mean that newcomers to DMG will not get a license?
    That's how I read it as well, you'll only be able to get a semi automatic rifle after 5 years, this will have a huge impact on shooting sports.

User

All I can say is Sh$T!! Every 5 years!! No man, this is not fair.
    I hope they sue policemen who negligently lost their firearms as well.

Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast