Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Your carry gun and cleaning

Howsit everyone!

I thought it might be interesting to see how religiously people clean their carry guns.

Are you happy to leave your gun "dirty" after a range session and carry with confidence (Glocks rock like that!) Or are you the type who cleans their carry gun even if a small amount of shooting is done? I know a number of people who barely ever clean their guns (mostly glock owners :P) and have not had reliability issues, although I wouldn't recommend carrying a "dirty" gun.

I for one like to keep my carry gun immaculately clean all the time except for occasions when I'm very busy and don't clean for a day or two after shooting.

User

Default Re: Your carry gun and cleaning

After a range session I clean my gun in and out. But I sadly don't shoot it often lately. So if I shoot 10 shots or so I just clean the slide. but if I shoot a match, I details strip and clean my gun.

My gun is always clean, I like it that way and can't stand a dirty gun. If I don't have time to do a proper clean, I give it a few scrubs down the barrel and just do a field strip and wipe everything down and will clean later when I have more time.

User

After every shoot

But I think Im addicted to Ballistol

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    After every shoot

That makes at least two of us !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    The force is strong in this one.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

I like cleaning my gun after every shoot. But I have left it uncleaned and endurance tested it over the span of 6 club shoots. It ran flawlessly.

User

*[Glock owner] : I clean after each range visit, but I have a 2nd identical Glock19, so I can just swap to the clean one. :-)
    That being said I have carried my dirty Glock for 2 weeks, and then only cleaned it the night before the next range session.

I'm confident enough that my Glock will continue to function after a range session, that it doesn't bother me carrying a dirty gun, for functionality, it only bugs me because it is dirty.
    I will also at least wipe off the slide, as that is visible to me, and my OCD would kick in.

Haven't tried Ballistol yet, heard it can be very addictive with Glock owners...

User

I clean my gun after every range session. Why? I like the smell of a clean gun :P
    However, with my last training bit with Ross, I had sand everywhere. Mags being dropped on the ground, tapped against my leg and reinserted. With the exception of one being out for a second (two rounds were deadlocked) and cleared by sticking my finger down the mag, I had zero issues.

Having said that, pistols take a lot more punch than a little range time to give it reason to stop functioning reliably.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

I clean properly every other month, otherwise just a weekly wipe down and lube.

User

I clean mine after every shoot. I also clean it every week or such (can of air spray out and wipe down) because it collects pocket fluff like a magnet. I don't understand why but it is always fluffy when it comes out of the holster.

KBK

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast