Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Video Airsoft El Presidente Drill

That's me about a year ago:

and this is a guy who really rips!

Default Re: Video Airsoft El Presidente Drill

You'll get a faster first shot if you draw towards your holster side, as you can initiate the draw far earlier. Even the guy in the second video could have shaved a few split seconds off on the draw.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    You'll get a faster first shot if you draw towards your holster side, as you can initiate the draw far earlier. Even the guy in the second video could have shaved a few split seconds off on the draw.
    Makes Sense

Ah. I see I said draw, I meant to say "turn towards your holster side".

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Ah. I see I said draw, I meant to say "turn towards your holster side".
    Strangely, also less chance of a DQ doing it this way as well (Not impossible, just less likely... have seen a guy DQ'd like this)

It does not matter towards what side you turn ... you should actually be able to turn as fast to both sides as not all stages are built the same

What does matter is that you start shooting at the first target you come across as you turn and not swing past targets and start shooting from the other side. The other thing is to always pivot on the holster-side leg thereby minimising the movement of the gun while you turn.

If your turn is executed properly there is no chance of a DQ.

You may be able to turn the same speed, but turning to your holster side allows you to start the draw pretty much on the buzzer and you can start bringing the gun up while still turning without breaking the 180.

If you turn away from the holster side your draw needs to wait a bit so as not to break when it clears the holster.

If everything that must move starts moving on the buzzer it is virtually impossible to break the 90 degrees regardless of which direction you are turning ... but, as I said, then you have to practice it properly.

You have more experience than I do, so while I don't understand 100%, I'll believe you :)

I am not trying to patronise you ... I actually would like you to understand so that in future you are also able to execute the move without fear of a DQ.

Normally when we draw while facing down-range, the first thing to move is our hands to the gun. So, naturally we think that the same would apply just as is to doing a turning draw ... that is however not exactly the case.

When you execute a turning draw the following should all happen simultaneously on the buzzer: Head snaps around to locate the first target, hands go down to the gun as normal and weak side foot moves around to turn the body. Use your head aggressively to lead all of the other movement ...

If you do that there is no way that you would have the gun out of the holster before your body has moved at least past the 90 degrees and you would have a safe draw ...

You have to practice this and when you stand on the line you don't think about not breaking the 90 ...the will slow you down. All your focus is on snapping your head around and locking your eyes onto the first target. If you have practiced the move enough the rest would follow safely.

Go and practice that and add another tool to your toolbox ... it is a great feeling to go and stand on the line, presented with a problem to solve and not even considering the fact that the stages forces you to turn to one side or the other because you have that one in the bag.

Hope it helps ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast