Banned

Default What do firearm owners deserve?

I keep asking, do firearm owners not deserve to be treated like any other citizen who has not committed a crime? Should firearm owners be treated any differently because they are a contagious disease or more a danger than the most vile criminals we have?

I ask simply because government would not dare to force any criminal that has paid their debt to society to register and be recorded or notify the SAPS of their residence. No drug lord is ever going to have his house searched without a warrant and very good reason. No matter how may times a paedophile or rapist is caught and punished these known repeat offenders will not be recorded or have to inform the police of their place of residence and prove they are model citizens.

What makes firearm owners more a danger to the public than criminals who have in the past repeatedly committed violent and horrific crimes and from indisputable records and research are likely to do it again?

Firearm owners need to ask themselves do they not deserve better or at the very least the same rights? If they think the answer is yes, then rights are not just given to anyone who thinks they deserve them. Rights have to be asked for and protected when given. If we don't ask and demonstrate good reason then the reality is those who paint us black will remove any rights they see fit to do so.

It is only be making a case and asking, that those rights will ever be given. It is only by refuting anyone who would paint firearm owners black that they will remain.

This is not the task of a few because that will be impossible. It is the task of everyone who would enjoy those rights.

Would it not be better if firearm owners asked for what they deserve and show why they deserve these rights? That they refute those who would paint them black at every opportunity and in numbers that cannot be ignored.

User

Send this in to your local newspaper!
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Peter and a lot of other people have sent many letters like this one to the papers. Sometimes they even get printed.

Now go forth and do likewise :-)

Another excellent piece !!!
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wrm View Post
    Peter and a lot of other people have sent many letters like this one to the papers. Sometimes they even get printed.

Now go forth and do likewise :-)
    Thanks for the kind words guys.

Has anyone considered I might be a selfish SOB and do this for myself. That I protect my image and that of anyone else is their problem not mine?

One voice in a multitude of accusers is that of a lunatic and is pathetic. The accusers must be correct if those who object say nothing even in their own defence.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...3&postcount=20

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    Send this in to your local newspaper!
    If you do then use this and I have no objection to anyone doing so.

What do firearm owners deserve?

Do firearm owners not deserve to be treated like any other citizen who has not committed a crime? Should firearm owners be treated any differently because they are a contagious disease or more a danger than the most vile criminals we have?

I ask simply because government would not dare to force any criminal that has paid their debt to society to register and be recorded or notify the SAPS of their residence. No drug lord is ever going to have his house searched without a warrant and very good reason. No matter how may times a paedophile or rapist is caught and punished these known repeat offenders will not be recorded or have to inform the police of their place of residence and prove they are model citizens.

What makes firearm owners more a danger to the public than criminals who have in the past repeatedly committed violent and horrific crimes and from indisputable records and research are likely to do it again?