Default www.tacqm.co.za Water Filter Bottle

www.tacticalquartermaster.co.za Stocks Outdoor Water Filter Bottle.

Strong Aluminium Bottle, Ceramic Filter and used properly will provide many years of Service.

Operates by means of pressuring the water through the Ceramic Filter.

Air is pumped in by means of a Balloon type air pump, similar to the type that is used when having your blood pressure checked.

As you increase the air pressure the Dirty Water is pushed through the filter. Filter rate is about 125ml/45 seconds from a full bottle.

Practical for Camping, Hiking, Patrolling, Travelling in Foreign Lands, or, store it in your Bug-Out-Bag/Bug-Out-Vehicle.

Filter is easily cleaned and sterilised or can be replaced (Spare cartridges will be in stock shortly)

I will provide details of a test that we did involving one of the most polluted rivers in Gauteng later

For pics, prices and more specs please see:
    http://www.tacticalquartermaster.co....roducts_id/490

www.tacticalquartermaster.co.za we are ONLINE, deliver NationWide or you can Collect.

Feel free to contact us at sales@tacqm.co.za

Cheers
    Camo
    Last edited by camouflage762; 03-12-2014 at 08:33. Reason: Detail
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Default Re: www.tacqm.co.za Water Filter Bottle

I would love to see that test.

User

Default Re: www.tacqm.co.za Water Filter Bottle

Ok, the test we did was not very scientific but more of a real life, by the seat of my pants kind of test. I regularly go fishing at a small dam near Alberton and this dam is fed from the Klip River which flows past a few hundred meters away.

The dam water is the typical murky green colour that you will find in most such dams and supports a healthy population of fish, crabs, frogs and waterfoul. The Klip River that feeds into the dam is known to be one of the most polluted rivers in Gauteng.

On one of my trips to the dam I decided to test the Portable Water Filter Bottle. The test was simple. I filled the bottle and pressurised it, then collected the filtered water in another clear plastic bottle. I compared this visually with unfiltered water in another identical clear bottle. The filtered water was crystal clear as opposed to the unfiltered water that was visibly dull and faintly green.

I then drank about 100ml of the filtered water. My 11 year old son and 9 year old daughter also had a couple of sips. None of us had any effects that would be associated with drinking polluted water. The water also tasted very good. No musty taste. In fact it was as good as any bottled water that you could by in the shops. Just good clean water without any taste of pollutants or chlorine.

After doing the above test I opened the bottle to inspect the filter. The Ceramic outer layer had changed from clean white to a green brown colour. I was amazed at how much solid matter had been extracted from only 0.5L of water. The filter had a layer of soft material on the surface. Most of this rubbed off quite easily with my finger.

My conclusion is that this Filtration Bottle is capable of turning most normal river water into safe drinking water. I would not hesitate to take water from rivers, dams or rain water tanks and put it through this bottle to use for drinking.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.