Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Editing posts

User

Default Editing posts

One used to be able to edit your own posts. I can't seem to find the button to do it anymore. Can someone point me in the right direction?

User

You can edit your post while it's still fresh. As soon as someone else posts after yours, the edit function vanishes..?

User

Quote Originally Posted by THOMAST View Post
    You can edit your post while it's still fresh. As soon as someone else posts after yours, the edit function vanishes..?
    That's dumb.
    a) it never used to be like that...maybe an administrator can look at changing the setting back to how they used to be before the forum upgrade.
    b) there are add-ons like "Post Edit History" for vBulletin that can keep a log of history if mods/admin are scared people are going to start denying they've said things after editing their posts
    c) I wish to keep a log of my experience going and would like to continually edit the first post of the thread with updates as and when they happen...current settings don't allow for it

Thanks

User

It's normally like that to stop people dishonestly editing their posts after others have read and replied to them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    It's normally like that to stop people dishonestly editing their posts after others have read and replied to them.
    Correct, and it was set like this on the previous forum too.

I'll look into the 'Post Edit History' function and see where we can go with this.

Craig

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Thanks, I knew that but definitely didn't notice it was like that on the old forum. I admit, I rarely need to edit my own posts, so maybe that's why I didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Correct, and it was set like this on the previous forum too.

I'll look into the 'Post Edit History' function and see where we can go with this.

Craig
    As above, never noticed it was like that in previous forum. Would be nice to implement the function or find a way of allowing 'trusted' members to edit their posts. Thanks.

User

Prodigal,

sorry

interesting reading your "HD-PVR Watch Out".

I am not HD-PVR'd yet and it seems a good idea to wait some more

BTW I like your avatar.

User

Hey Khumba,
    Yeah, there's soooo much wrong with the HD PVR service. If we were in the US, there would have been a product recall or at least a class action suit to get MultiChoice (aka Monochoice) to fix all the problems.
    Let's pray Super5Media will be able to bring change to the pay TV market here, although Neotel hasn't been the saviour to the fixed line market we all had hoped for.

Nice avatar too, but I notice you mods get to creep out of the 60x60 px limit us plebs have to abide by
    Ciao for now
    Last edited by Prodigal; 08-01-2010 at 22:06. Reason: added some text, nothing removed

User

Default Re: Editing posts

I'd rather post in a old thread on the topic than make a new thread but did the mods/admins look into this function?
    I only saw after the fact that a hotlinked image changed after I posted it and now I can't change it... See here

Default Re: Editing posts

Admin, there are a few non-member specific pages I can't post on? Like "Thugs flee after shootout at bakery".

Did I per chance do something wrong to get restrictions placed on my user account?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast