User

Default Firearm podcasts

Hey Guys

I am always on the lookout for gun related content and of late I have been listening to a lot of firearms related content via podcasts in iTunes. I find them great to listen to on road trips or to and from work. Just thought I would provide a brief review of my favorite one as well as a brief list of the other podcasts I listen to:

1. The Gun Nation Podcast: Hosted by Doc Wesson this is a bit of a variety show covering firearms topics which is punctuated with a lot of good humour. Gun reviews are provided by Average Joe (averagejoeshandgunreviews.blogspot.com) with training and revolver expertise coming from Grant Cunningham (widely regarded as Mr Revolver).

The final host who is potentially my favorite is Ian Mccollum who runs the site forgottenweapons.com. He is an expert on all weird and wonderful weapons and if you have not visited his site I suggest you do so today as he has great firearm video content!

2. Gun guy radio: covers firearms content focused primary on handguns and often featuring interesting guests from the firearms world. Trys to stick away from the politics of firearms which can otherwise bog down other podcasts and I really enjoy the host Jake Challand.

3. This week in guns: weekly show highlighting the comings and goings in the world of firearms. Great way to keep up to date with what is happening, however be prepared to listen to a lot of stories about Americans doing stupid things with guns as well. Has a panel of hosts debating and providing hilarious commentary to the various stories.

4. The Power factor show: focuses on the world of competitive shooting covering training, maintenance and tactics. A must listen to for aspiring competitive shooters.

5. The reloading podcast: if you listen to the podcast from the beginning you get quite a nice introduction to reloading. I would not use it as the only source of information as I do think they overlook certain aspects but on the whole I found it useful.

Anyway, I would highly recommend looking at the various podcasts available to find your own favorites.

User

Default Re: Firearm podcasts

If you like military stuff. I recommend SOFREP Radio, great content from ex US special ops community, they can just get a bit whiney every now and again.

User

Default Re: Firearm podcasts

For sportsmen

Ben Stoeger The Practical Pistol Show

Steve Anderson That shooting show.

Steve focuses on mindset and mental game stuff

Ben on training and techniques stuff

Highly recommended.

For more SD related stuff Ballistic Radio.