Thread: G23 GEN 4

Default G23 GEN 4

Hi.

What is recommended for a Glock 23 gen 4, the Infidel Ultra or MTAC, price not to be an issue. The holster will be removed periodically, 5 o clock position will be preferred position.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: G23 GEN 4

I have had both. MTAC saw most use, as it was put on and stayed on with C-clips. Also this turns out to be the most comfortable and conceal-able holster for me personally, as I can adjust quite a lot of cant and ride height. I carry at 3-330, so YMMV.

If you are taking the holster off a lot I would say the Infidel Ultra might be easier to do it with. I disliked the clip on mine though, and would most likely have bought the soft loops if I kept it.

Both are great holsters, I just ended up using the MTAC 95% of the time, so sold the Infidel.

User

I have mtac with regular clips. Comes on and off with ease. Highly recommended.

I've got the Infidel Ultra and while it has grown on me, I regret not going MTAC at the start.

Not that there is anything wrong with the Ultra. It is very comfortable and the belt clip design allows for precise positioning even over belt loops on the pants. But that clip can also print like no one's business.

It usually comes with a leather lip at the bottom that kept pinching my ass at 4-5 so I cut that off. But I could only get the slide version for a G19 so was probably a bit long off the bat. 0330-4 is probably the most comfortable position imo but 5 is definitely comfortable and workable - I just don't like having the fa so far from my hand.

I don't carry the G19 much anymore, but will reiterate my first point by saying that I'm moving from an epically comfortable custom kydex clip holster to a custom hybrid on the G30S.