Thread: Jaracal

User

Lightbulb Jaracal

Hi to all

Check out the Jaracal forum. http://jaracal.com/index.php . The guys are really into the vermin hunting thing. They are almost all Afrikaans with a few souties in between, but all and all a great bunch.

We need more members or guests on the site to get the message out in order to make as many people as possible aware of what we are really doing. Most think that we shoot Jackhal just for the heck of it and it is time to enlighten the masses.

Most shoppers for meat have no idea what it takes to put that chop on a plate.

On GS there are plenty members and guests that can help spread the word.

Thanks

CC

Moderators: I am not trying to steal any of the members on the forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ok
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

CasperC

Thank you for the help you started.

I hunt vermin/problem animals for a living and help on the family farm. The method of controlling the numbers of the jackal and caracal is with, gin traps, cages, hunting dogs and calling. You get paid per animal shot or caught.

It is really frustrated when the greenies try to dump their ill ideas on you. It's like to have your home fitted with burglar bars, but must leave the burglar alone and free to wreck your garage and garden. Even worse is to watch a rapist on your neighbour side going along with his activity. The greenies got gin traps and the hunting with dogs banned in the Western Cape and try to get it banned in the rest of the country. I get the idea that if the greenies makes a noise, they will get dollars from other countries and the bigger the noise the bigger the cheque. The bigger cheque will order bigger personal bank accounts and which are not a sin, but on the expense of fellow country men!

There are places in the small stock farming(losses on cattle are also recorded) areas that loose up to 70% of the lambs produced. Needless to say that the need for hunters are big.

Taffie

User

Mr T

I am sure anyone who ownes a gun for the purpose of hunting will agree with our point of view. Maybe not all as persistant as us but none the less.

There are some excellent post on GS. Good to look at them.

CC

User

CC

I had a look and really nice topics here, but i'll stay at the jackal and lynx topics/posts. More my line of things.

Keep well mate(mater).

CasperC / Taffie

My understanding is that more and more recreational hunters use the "calling in"-method
    to hunt jackal and other damaging causing preditors on farms in SA. Some of these hunters seem to be more responsible in their approach than others. Is it possible to enlighten us of what the "dangers" might be when the "wrong methods" are used by these hunters (especially for small stock farming).

Secondly, where can one find the right introduction and training to use this method of hunting in a responsible and sustainable way?

Kind regards
    Snotskoot

Ps. That was my best Sunday English, where can I find the "spell check" that I used to see on the old site?

Quote Originally Posted by Snotskoot View Post
    Ps. That was my best Sunday English, where can I find the "spell check" that I used to see on the old site?

http://www.iespell.com/download.php
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

FrankH

Thank you, is it my imagination or is the site very slow? I'm allready working from a "farm connection" that increases the slowness of the site, very frustrating! Any way I can go faster around here?

Louis

Ive heard that there is a problem with SA's International cable. Our site is hosted in the US for obvious reasons.