Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Default Trying to recruit gunners!

Greetings.

Are the people processing new applications for SADPA on leave or sick leave perhaps?

I have been attempting to recruit new people (mostly friends) into IDPA. I got one of my friends to agree to join the gun ownership fraternity by selling IDPA to him. ( I feel like some cheesy AMWAY sales person).

I show my friends pictures of Centurion's Club ranges and when they point to the tin shack and ask "what the hell is a tin shack doing at a shooting range??", I tell them of a typical day at a league match. I tell them of shooting moving targets, room clearing at Nedbank and shooting bad guys from inside tin shacks

(I'm still unable to explain the fishing boat though. That one has had me stumped from day 1...)

But things are not going too smoothly with the SADP/JDPC applications.

No one is on sick leave, kidnapped by aliens, arrested on trumped up charges of right wing terrorrism at SADPA and JDPC or anything like that, right?

Yes, yes, before you bust my chops like you all did with the Lone Ranger, I am not whinging. I know that they all doing good work for the amount that they are getting "paid". The EXCO do what they do, whereas I am doing the " IDPA sales pitch" to people who othersise would have just accepted a lemming-like GFSA existance...

We need assurance that my friend's application didnt fall into the office shredder by accident. I have seen two 2 people added onto SADPA's classification list since my friend has applied to join. They haven't gotten back to him yet.

:)

Just checking...

I fear that I may have caused a bad first impression here with my friend's somewhat lagging application at SADPA

Just checking, but have you spoken to anyone there, are you looking for their contact details, are they not getting back to you ?

Maybe it has gone astray, but I'm assuming you've been in contact and this isn't the case, hence your post?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Emilio what have you done to resolve your irritation?

If you have not contacted Marge at SADPA admin before you posted this then imo you are whining. I deduct that you did not contact her if you post: "Are the people processing new applications for SADPA on leave or sick leave perhaps"

I do not know what info to give Marge to look into the matter, or where the apps were lodged, so I suggest you call her and ask her about it as you should have done in the first place if it irritated you that much that you found it necessary to post about here. All het contact info is on www.sadpa.co.za

The impression that you are leaving here with "I know that they all doing good work for the amount that they are getting "paid"." is incorrect because there are no "they" getting "paid" (whatever "paid" is supposed to impart in realtion to "they"). The only person getting paid something to do any work in SADPA is Marge who handles all the admin for around 500 members.
    Last edited by DS; 21-05-2010 at 07:14.

If your mate applied through JDPC contact the club to see what is happening with his membership. Contact details under the clubs section on the www.sadpa.co.za web site.

SADPA can not process the membership with them without recieving SADPA payment and member details to load them onto the SADPA data base. Nwe member must also submit a completed and signed indemnity form with membership application.

ALL MEMBERS MUST BELONG TO A CLUB AND SADPA.
    Has your mate completed all of the following: submittedcompleted membership form to club, made payment and completed and signed the indemnity form?

Follow up firstly with the club.

If no joy then contact marge as per Khumba's suggestion.

User

My experience was as painles as anything, to be honest. Did everything via e-mail, and didn't have a single problem. Marge at SADPA was helpful and friendly with all communications, and between her at SADPA and Adrian and Sheila at PDPC I was sorted in no time...

But yes, I made payment, both for SADPA and PDPC same time, so perhaps that might be a hold-up?

Emilio

You have the JDPC Exco contact details. There is a club secretary and you have her contact details (she sent you your membership renewals in March 2010?!). Please direct the queries to the correct people and you will get the required answers.

JDPC Exco Member

Banned

Greetings

It turns out that JDPC secretary was moving offices and had no email avaialble. My friend got his letters and numbers todfay and was happy with the valid reason for the delay...

Problem solved and matter resolved.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Emilio what have you done to resolve your irritation?

If you have not contacted Marge at SADPA admin before you posted this then imo you are whining. I deduct that you did not contact her if you post: "Are the people processing new applications for SADPA on leave or sick leave perhaps"

I do not know what info to give Marge to look into the matter, or where the apps were lodged, so I suggest you call her and ask her about it as you should have done in the first place if it irritated you that much that you found it necessary to post about here. All het contact info is on www.sadpa.co.za

The impression that you are leaving here with "I know that they all doing good work for the amount that they are getting "paid"." is incorrect because there are no "they" getting "paid" (whatever "paid" is supposed to impart in realtion to "they"). The only person getting paid something to do any work in SADPA is Marge who handles all the admin for around 500 members.
    boo!!! hiss!!!! Kumba!!! Pfffttt... :)

We didnt contact marge because we were told that the application goes via the club to SADPA and since the club was the point of departure, we had to stay in contact with club to see what happened.

as for the "paid" comment? booo... hisss.... pfffttt... :) . I put it in quotes to indicate that many people are involved voluntarily and dont get paid.

In any case. I posted here becuase we werent getting replies to emails from the point of departure.

in any case, we werent irritated. We just dont like being like mushrooms - in the dark all the time...

At the end of the day, problem resolved. There were legitamate reasons for delay and people involved are satisfied with events...

Boo!!!! hiss!!! pfffttt!!! for saying i was whinging

:)

Lets close this thread. i have to focus on bringing more muppets into the sport now

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cerop View Post
    My experience was as painles as anything, to be honest. Did everything via e-mail, and didn't have a single problem. Marge at SADPA was helpful and friendly with all communications, and between her at SADPA and Adrian and Sheila at PDPC I was sorted in no time...

But yes, I made payment, both for SADPA and PDPC same time, so perhaps that might be a hold-up?

We moved offices at work and we had no email for 2 days. So we understand the delay...

Banned

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RogersP View Post
    Emilio

You have the JDPC Exco contact details. There is a club secretary and you have her contact details (she sent you your membership renewals in March 2010?!). Please direct the queries to the correct people and you will get the required answers.

JDPC Exco Member
    Hello Paul Rogers!!! Howzit. Your solution was the first one that we applied. Lizzelle wasn't replying to her emails. Because they were moving offices, we heard. All's well that ends well.

Problem was solved. Hopefully when licences are dealt with, you will be giving another NSO for the new minion that I am introducing into the sport.

Many thanks ...

Ps: I will try to make marksman next time. I promise...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast