User

Default Gamo Compact Air Pistol

Greetings All, Am looking to purchase a Gamo Compact Air Pistol, new or second hand. Any members wanting to get rid of, or know of someone who would like to sell one of these pistols? Regards J

User

Default Re: Gamo Compact Air Pistol

Was at iwarehouse in Somerset West this morning, and got a Dad to Dad, am now the proud owner of a Gamo Compact, was able to set the sights super quick, but am baffled by the trigger.

first stage is adjustable, but the most important stage (2nd) is not, so it has a crisp but very heavy trigger for a competition pistol.

Googled it and seems that a polishing job and lube is required, but I think this is not a good idea for a novice.

Any advice? I live in Tableview, and am sure that there is some competent person who can be recommended in the Western Cape area.

Regards in shooting
    J

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkimiah View Post
    Was at iwarehouse in Somerset West this morning, and got a Dad to Dad, am now the proud owner of a Gamo Compact, was able to set the sights super quick, but am baffled by the trigger.

first stage is adjustable, but the most important stage (2nd) is not, so it has a crisp but very heavy trigger for a competition pistol.

Googled it and seems that a polishing job and lube is required, but I think this is not a good idea for a novice.

Any advice? I live in Tableview, and am sure that there is some competent person who can be recommended in the Western Cape area.

Regards in shooting
    J
    Jaco van Lil is the local airgun guru, but I do not know if he works on pistols.

Jaco : 084-580-8385

Tell him Blud sent ya!

User

Morning all,
    Found that the local gunsmiths would have a look, 2-3 weeks to get back to me. No an option, so I had a look.
    Found some video clips on the web, saw what they did and proceeded to take the trigger mechanism apart.
    For an "Olympic Air Pistol" the trigger and release sears are made up of some type of sandwich layered metal. Rough finish, and not even straight.
    Tried to polish both, but only the trigger sear allowed some sort of finish.
    The web guys said a drop of silicone fluid or Gamo oil on these 2 makes a difference.
    When the pistol was back together my son and I (we had both fired the pistol numerous times) tested the weapon, and he presto,
    Trigger much lighter, smoother, and was still crisp. Even in the wind, with my arm been blown all over the place, shooting is now a pleasure.
    With this trigger job, this is a great plinker, not too sure about the serious competition side, but definitely a keeper.