Default 1908 BSA Air Rifle

I hope this is the appropriate thread...

This Christmas my dad arrived at my place with a 1908 BSA Air Rifle...he gave me the whole family history etc (way to much to type here)...

Needless to say that I'm over the moon...gave the old girl a bit of a workout an kept up with modern counterparts with no problem...

User

Default Re: 1908 BSA Air Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Bothma View Post
    I hope this is the appropriate thread...

This Christmas my dad arrived at my place with a 1908 BSA Air Rifle...he gave me the whole family history etc (way to much to type here)...

Needless to say that I'm over the moon...gave the old girl a bit of a workout an kept up with modern counterparts with no problem...
    The history that comes along with a firearm (or in this case such an old air-rifle) is probably the best part, don't skimp on it...

I would like to hear it!
    Last edited by noost; 28-12-2014 at 19:37. Reason: Glenfiddich does not help spelling...

The Air Rifle belonged to my dads great grandad on his mothers side. It then made its way down the family tree to the next name sake...eventually down to me.

My father told stories of how badly he wanted to shoot the BSA but that due to his age (very young) he couldn't shoot it so his brother did most of the shooting with it.

I must say that the BSA does weigh a fair bit...solid metal rifle.

I'm in two minds weather or not to send the BSA to a gunsmith to get cleaned up or keep it as is...

Banned

Very big congrats; you just got one hell of a gun. In my opinion some of the very best air rifles ever made. Please take her to a reputable expert if necessary - I have heard of one or two who didn't find their way back to their owners after being handed in for repairs/restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Very big congrats; you just got one hell of a gun. In my opinion some of the very best air rifles ever made. Please take her to a reputable expert if necessary - I have heard of one or two who didn't find their way back to their owners after being handed in for repairs/restoration.
    Anyone in CPT that can be recommended?