Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Range review: Skietbaan PTA East.

Hey guys

So disclaimer first, I have no affiliation to Skietbaan at all.

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I had an itch, so I packed a box of 50 freshly loaded .32's into my laptop bag

I started checking on NSA's website for affiliated ranges this morning in between normal daily operations, and figured there are no really close ranges to work, so thought I'd pop the guys at skietbaan an email to check if they were open and if they were by any chance NSA affiliated.

I got a reply within 30mins from the guys stating they had started with the affiliation, but were still waiting for feedback. I decided I would pop past irrespective.

I arrived at the range and was greeted by the RO/one of the owners (can't recall his name now for the life of me), very friendly dude. Had a chat about the NSA stuffs and other random bits whilst paying range fees and filling in registers etc. I was shown the range and how the automated target systems worked. He hung around to make sure I was ok, and after that let me be. The best way I can describe it is to liken him to a very good waiter at a fancy restaurant, knows when you want something, gets it for you, checks if you are happy, and then leave you be.

I fed my mistress her 50 rounds in a pristinely clean indoor range with very good ventilation, decent lighting (although I noticed the small black on black sites on my 81 was damn near impossible to see indoors with the amount of light available).

Afterwards, I used their ablutions, and even if it something that usually is more important to the ladies, it was very clean and neat. Us Neanderthals will be fine with a tree somewhere obviously

Thanks to the guys from Skietbaan, was a nice quick range visit. It is slightly out of my way, but I will support them again, the friendly attitude and quick responses to my emails will attest to that.

Cheers!

User

Default Re: Range review: Skietbaan PTA East.

Do you have an address / contact details?

User

Quote Originally Posted by bawrakza View Post
    Do you have an address / contact details?
    Just off Solomon Mahlangu on the N4E, check their website.
    www.skietbaan.co.za

User

User

Awesomeness.

I will definitely be looking at running past there sometime.

User

Thanks M

Starting on a project that side of town soon.... will definitely pop in and give it a bash :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva10210 View Post
    Hey guys

So disclaimer first, I have no affiliation to Skietbaan at all.

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I had an itch, so I packed a box of 50 freshly loaded .32's into my laptop bag

I started checking on NSA's website for affiliated ranges this morning in between normal daily operations, and figured there are no really close ranges to work, so thought I'd pop the guys at skietbaan an email to check if they were open and if they were by any chance NSA affiliated.

I got a reply within 30mins from the guys stating they had started with the affiliation, but were still waiting for feedback. I decided I would pop past irrespective.

I arrived at the range and was greeted by the RO/one of the owners (can't recall his name now for the life of me), very friendly dude. Had a chat about the NSA stuffs and other random bits whilst paying range fees and filling in registers etc. I was shown the range and how the automated target systems worked. He hung around to make sure I was ok, and after that let me be. The best way I can describe it is to liken him to a very good waiter at a fancy restaurant, knows when you want something, gets it for you, checks if you are happy, and then leave you be.

I fed my mistress her 50 rounds in a pristinely clean indoor range with very good ventilation, decent lighting (although I noticed the small black on black sites on my 81 was damn near impossible to see indoors with the amount of light available).

Afterwards, I used their ablutions, and even if it something that usually is more important to the ladies, it was very clean and neat. Us Neanderthals will be fine with a tree somewhere obviously

Thanks to the guys from Skietbaan, was a nice quick range visit. It is slightly out of my way, but I will support them again, the friendly attitude and quick responses to my emails will attest to that.

Cheers!
    Hey,

Stoked you enjoyed your shoot. You probably met Faans or Francois. Will have a look at getting a bit more light in there over the weekend.

Hope to see you again real soon and will keep you up to date on the NSA affiliation (they are only back on the 12th apparently).

Adriaan

User

Wish that I had such ranges to access here. :(

Banned

Some photos would be nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast