Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shot the M&P45!

User

Default Shot the M&P45!

I had my first test run with my newly acquired M&P45 Full Size this weekend.

150 rounds of my own reloads with 200gr SW lead Frontiers. Not one beat missed. Feels very lekker!!!! hpy71

I will give it a go at the CDPC Club Shoot this coming weekend.

Also did the trigger work on this one myself - still learning.

User

Default Re: Shot the M&P45!

Interesting information posted on another forum by David Bowie of Bowie Tactical

“All of my 45's are match grade accurate from the factory barrel”.

And

“The 45's lock up tighter so they are more accurate. Both of my 45's have shot side by side with high end 1911's.”

User

Congrats man for some reason I thought you were getting the mid size.

Khumba, you are a very lucky man with so many cool toys to play with. Nice one! hpy180

I can't remember if this link has been posted before. It is Hilton Yam's review of the three sizes of .45 M&P's.

http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads...=&fpart=1&vc=1
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

BigT I decided on the FS45 because I have the 9 which is just about the same size as the MS45. Want to use it for IDPA in SSP and ESP. I have senior eyesight handicap and the big holes are just a lot more visible for me. I know, I know, I should know where my front sight was when I pulled the trigger! ;)

The 45 appears to be very accurate (damn now I have no excuse for missing ;D) and comfy to shoot. It tolerates powder charge reduction much better than my Wilson KZ45 I tried for ESP a few times.

Thorkind thanks for the link.

I shot the 45 when doing a course at smith and wesson, i agree with you its very nice. happy0065

User

How does it handle compared to the nine?

User

Very similar although there is a more 45 push on the recoil cycle as can be expected - very manageable and soft shooting as per Hilton Yam.

Handling of the pistol is to me the same as with the 9, the draw the getting on target etc, but the 9 feels a bit smaller which in fact it is of course - the 45 grip circumference with small grip insert is the same as 9 with medium insert but the 45 grip is a little "larger" front to back than the 9.

With "SSP loads" it is VERY mild mannered and soft shooting - I will see on Sat how it runs in range use.

I tested loads starting with MP200 and used my 6.2gr's CDP load with 220gr SWC Frontier Leads and worked down to 4.8gr's and the 45 still performed flawlessly although it was the first load where I was sure I could feel the slide slowing down.

I will test my 5gr's reloads on Sat and see if it is reliable through the shoot. I shot reloads with the same weight bullets at 6gr's, 5.8gr's, 5.5gr's, 5.2gr's, 5gr's and 4.8gr's.

It is actually amazing that it functions all the way down with the stock recoil spring and I am sure it will still feed and extract below 4.8gr's.

As I said I could feel my KZ slide/cycle slowing down on 5.8gr's with a 16lb spring (I think).

User

Khumba how is this machine working out?

User

BigT no new experience since last.

I like it and I am glad I got it. I will try and shoot it more to see how it runs.

This is great "sized" 45 and is quite a bit slimmer in grip dimensions and lighter even than my Wilson KZ which is also a 10+1.

I will try to attend the next club shoot at CDPC and if you are there you and the Count can shoot the 45 and 9.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast