Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default W.W.Greener Empire model 12 ga

Good day members

I am extremely fortunate to have purchased a W.W Greener Empire model with ejectors, it is still in good condition, need some love and tender care but shoots really well. I purchased this shotgun from a very kind member on this great forum. I will later use this shotgun as a project...but will not under any circumstance cut or damage this beautiful rifle....I will upload more photos:

I did some research and contact W.W Greener regarding the origins of this shotgun , a reply from Graham N Greener in this regard:
    W W Greener gun no. 75541 was started on 5th September 1950 and finished on 7th January 1952. It is an Empire ejector model, a 1`2 bore choked full and full. Stock dimensions when made were 2-1/4 by 1-1/2 by 14-1/2 inches and 1/8 of an inch normal cast., half pistol hand. It weighed 7lbs 12oz and was sold to the ‘Overseas Farmers Co-op. Company’. I attach some notes on condition. It appears to be genuine.
    Kind regards
    Graham N Greener

R.I.P. Feb 2015

Default Re: W.W.Greener Empire model 12 ga

WOW! Very nice.

Congrats and I am looking forward to that thread.

Banned

For a moment I broke out in cold sweat when I read that you found a Greener for a project.

Enjoy the old girl!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    For a moment I broke out in cold sweat when I read that you found a Greener for a project.

Enjoy the old girl!
    Thank you Bokman

Yes I got hold of the book written by Ellis Brown: Building double rifle son shotgun actions....it really is a great book..I did a lot of research regarding this technique...it really is something I want to do ...
    Ds.J no need to worry, I will build a set of double barrels from scratch...what I will change is a new stock to fit me to shoot the double and shotgun...some people says it is not possible to use one stock..I on the other hand think it is... the W.W Greener will stay as is...Ds. J you have an incoming pm...

User

Ds.J , boodskap kas is leeg gemaak...stuur maar die pm..e-pos godendaal@hotmail .com

User

Wow. That is a beaut.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Great that the gun is in the right hands Gert, look forward with great interest to seeing some pics as the project progresses.

Nice. I almost got my hands on one recently, but it didn't work out. From what I have heard, the can be very valuable?

Good thing for good people. And I am excited to see how this next project is chronicled on GS.

User

It really is great to see so many positive and good feedback from members, I really appreciate it very much. I am currently studying a book written by Ellis Brown - Building Double rifles on Shotgun actions.

Immediately I will get two definite responses when commencing with a discussion regarding this topic..there will be members who will say: not for me, it is a cheap option to acquire a double rifle. The other group will say: interesting concept may be possible if done correctly...I want to try a conversion build from scratch, building a mono-block inserting the barrels of a double rifle caliber.

My pilot project , to get aquatint with the procedures , material use, types of jigs needed to build a mono-block and regulate the barrels will be a 8x57 JRS build on a 16 ga BRNO Poldi Electro side by side action . This project will be build for myself , I will never be able to purchase a double rifle...but I can build one for my own personal use never to be sold.

I first need to get permission from Johan Greyling the owner of the gunsmith shop . There are still a lot of planning, technical detail , machining procedures to be work out.

When completed at least two or three pilot builds will I commence with a .450 NE no 2 (Eley) shooting a 480gn bullet at 2175 (Muzzle) f/s delivering 5050 foot/pounds or a .450/400 NE 3" (Jeffery) shooting a 400 gn soft/solid at 2125 feet/second, delivering 4010 foot/pounds energy. This was the origin of the 404 Jeffery in it`s rimmed version, a very popular double rifle until the .375 H&H arrived in the African bush...

This is a project I want to pursue in the near future...I would like your opinion in this regards...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast