Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FN SCAR 17s

User

Default Re: FN SCAR 17s

Which is one reason many people used Pmags, but that aside there are reports all over the internet about the Illuminati, Chemtrails and 9/11 being an inside job.

Just because it is on the internet does not make it so.

But, all over the internet are people saying the flaws in the M4 system are over rated and none of the solutions are actually a big enough step up to make the change necessary.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_1984 View Post
    For you that dont know me, i do not play call of duty and the last i played that game was when i was 18 yrs old...

The so called myth that the M4 carbine is not reliable is all over the net...just read it up. The washington times wrote an article of the M4 carbine due to many soldiers complaining about the reliability issues and this is what they had to say and i quote :"
    Congress pressed the*Army*to hold the shootout in the face of mounting criticism from soldiers that the M4 is unreliable. The M4 is perhaps the most deployed weapon system in the war on terror — essential firepower in combating the Taliban, al Qaeda and other insurgents at close range during raids and firefights.

The Times earlier this year published a two-part series on the M4 revealing that, as the war on terror began, the carbine flunked several reliability tests when subjected to rapid fire. The Times spoke with soldiers who had used the M4 in intense combat. They said the magazine is tinny and subject to jamming. The gun itself requires constant cleaning. One Green Beret said he and his colleagues, once in theater, rebuild the gun with better parts."
    The FN scar is being looked at by some countries to replace there existing rifles.. the 17s SCAR is a semi automatic made in belgium for civilian use. I know they had optic sight issues but many people said that if you have a good quality optic then you should be ok...
    Have you actually really used an AR15?

I suggest you spend some time and just read the AR15 related posts on Gunsite. It is not going to cost you anything but time. Then if you want to read more, purchase some of Patrick Sweeney's books.

There are some of us that have spent a lot of time and money shooting guns and contributing personal experience as well as posting factual articles here on Gunsite, written by trustworthy users and people (in the USA, not us mere idiots here on Gunsite) very knowledgeable about the subject.
    Last edited by DS; 24-01-2015 at 12:00.

User

On a side note, if a civilian shooter in SA manages to melt a semi auto AR-15 gas tube, I'll be impressed.

KBK

User

Oh, and AR= jammomatics, AK = inaccurate, .45ACP > 9mm :

User

There was a SCAR 17 on Guntree a while ago, the cut and pasted description makes me suspicious... http://www.guntree.co.za/item/362-ri...ew-fde-308-win

@wild coast...yes i have seen it however i know a dealer that can get me SCAR 17s for R40k.

Really? Thanks for informing us...

User

@wild coast...yes i have seen it however i know a dealer that can get me SCAR 17s for R40k.
    At that price I will take one too!

User

For you that dont know me, i do not play call of duty and the last i played that game was when i was 18 yrs old...

The so called myth that the M4 carbine is not reliable is all over the net...just read it up. The washington times wrote an article of the M4 carbine due to many soldiers complaining about the reliability issues and this is what they had to say and i quote :"
    Congress pressed the*Army*to hold the shootout in the face of mounting criticism from soldiers that the M4 is unreliable. The M4 is perhaps the most deployed weapon system in the war on terror — essential firepower in combating the Taliban, al Qaeda and other insurgents at close range during raids and firefights.

The Times earlier this year published a two-part series on the M4 revealing that, as the war on terror began, the carbine flunked several reliability tests when subjected to rapid fire. The Times spoke with soldiers who had used the M4 in intense combat. They said the magazine is tinny and subject to jamming. The gun itself requires constant cleaning. One Green Beret said he and his colleagues, once in theater, rebuild the gun with better parts."
    The FN scar is being looked at by some countries to replace there existing rifles.. the 17s SCAR is a semi automatic made in belgium for civilian use. I know they had optic sight issues but many people said that if you have a good quality optic then you should be ok...
    Not reliable?? I question your sources dude. Read more, post less.

@kumba...yes i have. I respect your opinion however i believe your comparison has no value. You comparison is like apple and oranges. There 100 hundreds of soldiers complaining about the gun and how it is failing in combat and you comparing it to civilians which are using it for sport shooting,does that make sense? People read one book and they think that this is the greatest gun.i have heard american soldiers telling me about how they guns jammed up when fighting in afghanistan. My friend which worked for NATO had a similiar problem when he was in afghanistan. For me most american will tell you how great there guns are because they patriots. Anything american built is awesome..i say again ,my sources are people that have seen combat and not from an american dude that is shooting in his backyard so that he may post it on you tube.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast