Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GOSA publicity

Default GOSA publicity

Hi All

It appears the antis are playing a well-organized game against us. The media will no doubt be regularly filled with anti-gun stuff in the build-up to the publication of the FCA amendments and Firearm Summit.

The City Press, with a pretty big circulation, published this on Sunday:

http://www.citypress.co.za/columnist...-laws-tighter/

The author is an Australian who works with Rebecca Peters, one heck of an anti-gun crazy!

One of the weaknesses in gun lobbies is the lack of association with victim support groups. This allows the anti's to steal some purported moral high ground.

I don't know how organized GOSA is in terms of publicity or getting in with victim support groups, but we've pretty much got to have op-ed space almost every Sunday in the build-up to the FCA summit (which seems to be a GFSA group-hug at the moment).

If I'm off base and everything is in hand please let me know so I can relax?

Default Re: GOSA publicity

I've been thinking about the same thing. Are there any firearm related associations who are involved in victim support? Maybe something like offering discounted self defense or firearms training to victims of violent crime. Is this not something that organisations like SAGA and GOSA should be thinking about?

We need a structured plan otherwise we are doomed ... I have not seen any such plan from our side so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistix View Post
    We need a structured plan otherwise we are doomed ... I have not seen any such plan from our side so far.
    ^^^^^ THIS!!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistix View Post
    Great initiative. How do you propose proceeding with this?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Very seldom that we hear this - too many indians (all on their own mission) and no chiefs.

User

Paul I love how you bring reality into the picture like a sledge hammer, everybody wants the work done but nobody really knows how to do it or where to start.

Optimistix-you formulate the plan and i'll do what part I can play in this, but im certainly one of those Indians,be the big chief mate, come up with an idea.

;-{)} This is EXACTLY how it is with GOSA... we are all GOSA members by default (we are South Africa gunowners). It falls to each and every one of us to help row the boat.

If you have an idea, and it doesn't conflict with the simple GOSA principles...

- Firearms in private hands are essential to public safety and democracy

- We stand for ALL lawful firearm owners

- Every firearm owner must let his or her voice be heard

- We will not condone any illegal activity

- No personal attacks against anybody at all
    Let us know about it (in case someone else is already working on it and we can hook you up with an existing initiative), and come with a plan. We are all doing whatever we can part-time, and we rely on everyone to help with whatever they can.

It sounds disorganised and chaotic, but that is our strength. Just look at what we continue to achieve!
    Unknown Barbarian

User

This has probably been brought up before.

The anti's are waging a hearts and minds campaign and we are countering with a legal campaign mostly directed at debunking the lies being spewed. I agree that this should be done but Joe public is unaware of our victories as we don't have the budget to advertise our successes.

I had a idea last year when I saw the toy run advertised at a local bike shop and wondered why gun owners aren't doing the same thing.

It is basically free, we get involved in charitable causes, we can have the perception that we are a bunch of violence addicted oafs changed (it worked for the bikers), and use the opertunity to correctly promote gun safety and responsible ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    I had a idea last year when I saw the toy run advertised at a local bike shop and wondered why gun owners aren't doing the same thing.
    Great initiative. Which is your local GOSA Chapter? I would bring it up with them, or start it out at your local level and then let's see whether other chapters don't pick up on the idea and spread it to their areas.
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast