Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: LM Mods

Default Re: LM Mods

howsit guys?

So this morning i bought and picked up the quad rail from Spartan Arms for my LM6, now, me thinking everything is simple to install is now thinking twice.

Has anybody done a DIY install on the quad rails and is it a simple install with simple tools?

TIA

User

Quote Originally Posted by ror123 View Post
    howsit guys?

So this morning i bought and picked up the quad rail from Spartan Arms for my LM6, now, me thinking everything is simple to install is now thinking twice.

Has anybody done a DIY install on the quad rails and is it a simple install with simple tools?

TIA
    Hi. Almost a year since you asked this. Did you come right. @Paul helped me when I bought a fab defense quad rail handguard. It is fairly simple.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    Hi. Almost a year since you asked this. Did you come right. @Paul helped me when I bought a fab defense quad rail handguard. It is fairly simple.

Hi, yes came right after some research.. Its fairly simple but I installed the UTG version as i mounted my vortex 1-6 on it. I had to install a side cocking lever as well.

My plan now is to install the fab defense unit as i want to mount a red dot rather and to reduce some of the weight due to these addons.

Sent from my G3212 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by ror123 View Post
    Hi, yes came right after some research.. Its fairly simple but I installed the UTG version as i mounted my vortex 1-6 on it. I had to install a side cocking lever as well.

My plan now is to install the fab defense unit as i want to mount a red dot rather and to reduce some of the weight due to these addons.

Sent from my G3212 using Tapatalk
    I am now getting ready to get a Rds. Still not sure what to get. Something with good eye relief, as it will sit on the hand guard. We are spoilt for choice in the R4-R7K price range.

User

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    I am now getting ready to get a Rds. Still not sure what to get. Something with good eye relief, as it will sit on the hand guard. We are spoilt for choice in the R4-R7K price range.
    Non-magnifying RDS's usually have unlimited eye relief, so any one of them can sit on the gas tube.
    This is usually a much more stable position than on the dust cover.

User

Hi all, bought a Polymer Galil quad rail handguard from KTS Tactical in Boksburg for R1800 for my LM6. Easy swap and very functional, looks great too. I am now looking for a smaller magazine 10 or 20 round, for easier storage and quicker access in the vehicle, not sure what is available?

User

Quote Originally Posted by retailer View Post
    Hi all, bought a Polymer Galil quad rail handguard from KTS Tactical in Boksburg for R1800 for my LM6. Easy swap and very functional, looks great too. I am now looking for a smaller magazine 10 or 20 round, for easier storage and quicker access in the vehicle, not sure what is available?
    10 round mags are available. Well, they can take 12 when forced. If you look around you should find one eventually.

There are also 10-round mags around that have a thick white line in the big "dimple" on the side. These have and insert to limit them to only accommodate blanks and ballistite (for launching rifle grenades) rounds. With some skill, the insert can be removed and the mag can be restored to take normal ammo.

For a 20-rounder you will have to take a normal 30 (35) round steel mag and shorten the mag body and follower spring. After cutting off the mag body, you have to form new tabs to retain the floorplate. I have converted one and it works well and is very handy in a vehicle where the longer mags tend to catch on everything.

User

Many thanks for the reply A-R will keep an eye out!

User

I am looking tfor a Owners/Operators manual for a LM6. In my days of national service i got to know a R1 intimately, dont know the R4 family of guns very well. Looking specifically how to field strip and clean.

Quote Originally Posted by H5piet View Post
    I am looking tfor a Owners/Operators manual for a LM6. In my days of national service i got to know a R1 intimately, dont know the R4 family of guns very well. Looking specifically how to field strip and clean.
    Check out the YouTube videos on the Galil rifles quite similar if not identical.

EDIT: saw you created a new thread and have been assisted

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast