Banned

Question Where can I find a Browning Buckmark .22?

Guys I am itching for another .22 pistol and can't get my mind off the Browning Buckmark series. I am already the very proud owner of a sentimental FN Browning (Belgian) International Medalist .22 target pistol, but because of it's sentiment I couldn't bear the thought of attaching shiny bits and pieces to it. Besides, it it a purpose built target shooting platform with very little to no potential for modification should I be silly enough to try. So I would ideally like a modern Buckmark style .22 with the facility for mounting a red dot sight or scope (a "new school" to compliment my "old school" browning).

Has anyone seen them for sale in SA? Does anyone own one and would like to comment? Perhaps input from the Ruger or Colt rimfire pistol owners?

Thanks

Matt

Default Re: Where can I find a Browning Buckmark .22?

Hi Matt,
    Have a look at this thread
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/showthread.php?t=57932
    Speak to Zaak, I am also looking at it, but have just ordered asked a friend in in the US to bring me a scope from the SCI expo and cannot commit until I see what I need to fork out for the scope

Banned

Thanks BandK, I have a Belgian Browning identical to that. I am not home to double check the serials - but I think mine is the International Medalist (gen 1) and not the Match 150. I don't have the original case or manual so it's a bit more difficult to say.

Beautiful, beautiful pistol! I may buy it if you don't.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigMatt View Post
    Thanks BandK, I have a Belgian Browning identical to that. I am not home to double check the serials - but I think mine is the International Medalist (gen 1) and not the Match 150. I don't have the original case or manual so it's a bit more difficult to say.

Beautiful, beautiful pistol! I may buy it if you don't.
    Centurion Indoor have a Medallist and a Challenger, they not in perfect shape but talking in the R3k price range

Banned

Thanks boondog - I'll keep it in mind but I am really after one of the more modern models for which I can easily get mags, spares and accessories, unless it is the International Medalist in ZK1's thread, which I couldn't really justify other than that I just desire it. I would still want a modern buckmark on top of that anyway

Out of interest - does the medalist you saw have the wooden fore stock or not?

Thanks

Matt

User

Thanks boondog - I'll keep it in mind but I am really after one of the more modern models for which I can easily get mags, spares and accessories, unless it is the International Medalist in ZK1's thread, which I couldn't really justify other than that I just desire it. I would still want a modern buckmark on top of that anyway

Out of interest - does the medalist you saw have the wooden fore stock or not?

Thanks

Matt

I am in the same boat thats why I did not take one, I am actually looking for Ruger MK2 I have found about 4 MK1's

Banned

I am unfamiliar with the Ruger rimfire pistols. I've heard good things and would easily consider it over the buckmark if I was buying new. Perhaps a Ruger agent could bring in the MK3, but I haven't seen any MK2's on the second hand market in SA - but again I haven't looked very hard.

User

I am unfamiliar with the Ruger rimfire pistols. I've heard good things and would easily consider it over the buckmark if I was buying new. Perhaps a Ruger agent could bring in the MK3, but I haven't seen any MK2's on the second hand market in SA - but again I haven't looked very hard.
    Guns and Bows are the agents and have the MK2 and 3 new, last time I spoke to them the MK2 was around 6k and the 3 around 10k if I remember correctly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boondog View Post
    Guns and Bows are the agents and have the MK2 and 3 new, last time I spoke to them the MK2 was around 6k and the 3 around 10k if I remember correctly.
    Thanks for the info - the Mark 3 is a different kind of pretty! I want the "Hunter" model in stainless pictured first below, and perhaps the others too. .22 pistols are like chips - no one can ever just have one!

User

Thanks for the info - the Mark 3 is a different kind of pretty! I want the "Hunter" model in stainless pictured first below, and perhaps the others too. .22 pistols are like chips - no one can ever just have one!

Those are very nice !!!