Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Smith & Wesson Lifetime service warranty in South Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo14 View Post
    Any lifetime warranty I treat with a bit of "yeah right sounds like verimark". Anyone actually had experience trying to make use of it?
    I don't know much about the warranty, however I do know Nadine will help you if she can!

Well I can tell you the following about NY. I bought a Hornady 366 12g loader about 2-3 years back.
    And wanted some odd parts for it. Odd being. I justed wanted them for in case. And some other parts.
    NY had the normal in stock. But the other odd once not.
    They actually ordered it for me with a shipment. Think was about 2 months. But it came in.

The parts were like R20 to R40. But they still made the effort to bring it in. Even though they probably made like R2 profit on it.

Best is these parts are still sealed 2 years later. And original once not evening showing wear on it.

So pretty sure they will sort you out with warranties and other problems.

I have had excellent service from both Nic Yale and MRST when it come to the warranty (yes i have that kak luck). Both went out there way to assist and sort my problem within days! Nic Yale (Nadine) even assisted when the problem was caused by some shitty ammo.

User

Hi guys... Sorry if i'm slightly off the topic. I'm all dead set to purchase a Taurus G3C but I'm repeatedly told that it a bad decision because of the repair turnaround time. I am in Durban SA... Can you please advise on the same. The G3C will be my EDC and I don't want to be apart from it for weeks or maybe months... T.I.A

User

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Barnes View Post
    Hi guys... Sorry if i'm slightly off the topic. I'm all dead set to purchase a Taurus G3C but I'm repeatedly told that it a bad decision because of the repair turnaround time. I am in Durban SA... Can you please advise on the same. The G3C will be my EDC and I don't want to be apart from it for weeks or maybe months... T.I.A
    Did you notice that you woke up an old thread? Just curious

Ok, about the Taurus, the answer is dont buy it, its a piece of shit, IF you choose to fire a reasonable amount of rounds through it in order to build a proper skill set, which is highly recommended, then something will break and need replacement, which is almost un possible in SA.

Glock, CZ, S&W, in that order IMO has the best backup, I mean I had a Glock with a factory fault, the agents were going to send it to Austria to be replaced with a gun with the same serial number, then the scamdemic came and I couldnt get an export permit, no stress, they just gave me another gun (obviously I had to license again, but shit happens)

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Not to run Taurus down, but...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

User

You could do worse than the Taurus, but you'd have to try hard. Having reliable dealers/agents is fine.

The point of EDC is reliability, not testing the logistics of getting things repaired.

Do searches on Taurus issues/complaints rather than read what the guys selling the gun have to say about it.
    Good luck which ever way you go.

What difference would anyone else's opinion make if you are dead set on one? Why even bother with the question?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    What difference would anyone else's opinion make if you are dead set on one? Why even bother with the question?
    It is maybe, but a very small maybe, better than ‘I have just bought this Taurus, do you guys think it was a good idea’...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2