Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Compliance guarantees nothing! Video footage of Romans robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    The guard compiled waaaaaaay to easily, his got his gear on against 1 armed BG and his tag along ...... I think he could have done us all a great service and cut their criminal careers short!
    WFTs up with the lady? sitting outside alone she? doesn't run/hide/ move sideways. ... Naada just frozen.
    Noted. Very suspect. The robber even looks straight at her?

The guard compiled waaaaaaay to easily, his got his gear on against 1 armed BG and his tag along ...... I think he could have done us all a great service and cut their criminal careers short!WFTs up with the lady? sitting outside alone she? doesn't run/hide/ move sideways. ... Naada just frozen.
    You think "gear" protects against these guys? He wasn't exactly wide awake, but suggesting he complied too easily is a little rough. The lady? Well she was just a spectator.

User

WFTs up with the lady? sitting outside alone she? doesn't run/hide/ move sideways. ... Naada just frozen.
    I think she is the reason he approached so calmly. Perhaps he thought the danger was gone, seeing the lady sit so calmly as if nothing was wrong...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    You thinkThe lady? Well she was just a spectator.
    She looks completely oblivious to the robbery to begin with

I'm going out on a limb here, I don't think that Reaction Officer has had much training, definitely not the way to approach a panic button.
    Then again maybe he just walked into that, went to buy chow........very lucky.

With a bullet proof vest, would or should you try and draw against a firearm pointed at you.........members thoughts on this...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    You think "gear" protects against these guys? He wasn't exactly wide awake, but suggesting he complied too easily is a little rough. The lady? Well she was just a spectator.
    Sure the 'gear' does not make you invincible, but it does buy you some leeway. I don't think that stating that he complied too easily was rough as he was responding to an alarm and he got his weapon taken away from him turning 1 armed BG into 2.

This is the kind of scenario GFSA lives off when they make their claims, most notably " Research in South Africa and internationally shows that you are four times more likely to have your gun used against you than you are able to use it to defend yourself."

Read more:*http://www.mediaclubsouthafrica.com/...#ixzz3SaTbuqis

User

Quote Originally Posted by NarcSap View Post
    With a bullet proof vest, would or should you try and draw against a firearm pointed at you.........members thoughts on this...
    I think most here would draw against him, vest or not.

Sorry what was I thinking. This is gunsite. Everyone here would draw on two guys with a gun in your face. Silly me.

User

I'm going out on a limb here, I don't think that Reaction Officer has had much training, definitely not the way to approach a panic button.

The thing is I would say 99% of calls are false alarms. Probably easy to get too comfortable.

User

Yes I would draw. I would rather die fighting than lying on the floor begging for my life. This goes for all scenarios. Not only the one I posted above.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast