Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Powdered egg supplier?

Does anyone know where one can still buy powdered egg? Not a supplement containing egg but the real thing. One used to be able to buy is by the bag/tub but I have not seen in many years.

Many companies use it as an ingredient in their products but don't sell the plain thing. I also don't want to buy hundreds of kilograms, just a kilo or two.

I know you get whole egg powder (white + yolk) and egg white powder. I would prefer whole but either would do.

I have tried some health shops and normal supermarkets but nothing yet. Catering shops is next on the list.

User

Default Re: Powdered egg supplier?

Have you tried Eggtech in Randburg? Not sure what quantities they sell in though. I use liquid egg whites and have never tried the powdered form.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknglock View Post
    Have you tried Eggtech in Randburg? Not sure what quantities they sell in though. I use liquid egg whites and have never tried the powdered form.
    Thanx, I will call them next week and enquire. They do however only talk about liquid egg products. Powdered egg has a very long shelf life (2-3 years) and you reconstitute 1 spoon of powder with 3 spoons of water and then use as normal for cooking or baking. Google gives me lots of suppliers in the USA but very few local.

Edit: eggtech.co.za. They actually also do egg powder as a sideline. 25kg bags as well as smaller quantities. Will get pricing next week.
    Last edited by Rudes; 27-02-2015 at 16:52.

Have you tried making your own?

Google is your friend. :)
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

Quote Originally Posted by 45Trundle View Post
    Have you tried making your own? Google is your friend. :)
    Way too much trouble! 10-12 hours drying at 40C and does not last that long.

Found another supplier that powders everything from eggs to vegetables to icecream!

User

I wanted to get egg powder from these guys a while back, try them, the Bronkhorstspruit office
    http://www.sunspray.co.za/contact.htm

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post
    Thanx, I will call them next week and enquire. They do however only talk about liquid egg products. Powdered egg has a very long shelf life (2-3 years) and you reconstitute 1 spoon of powder with 3 spoons of water and then use as normal for cooking or baking. Google gives me lots of suppliers in the USA but very few local.

Edit: eggtech.co.za. They actually also do egg powder as a sideline. 25kg bags as well as smaller quantities. Will get pricing next week.
    Sure thing! That's good to know. I eat about 12 eggs for breakfast every morning, 2 whole eggs and 10 egg whites, so the liquid egg white works for me. I will give the egg powder a bash and see how it goes.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post
    Found another supplier that powders everything from eggs to vegetables to icecream!
    Please do share.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Please do share.
    Sunspray. The one Boerboel mentioned a few posts back.

User

Ok, thanks. Looking at them now. Pity they only do powders (for veggies).
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast