Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Whats your favourite range gun?

There's quite a few guys out there that have more than one gun, and some of those probably don't get shot very much, but of these whats your favourite range gun. Throw reliability, looks, everything out the window. OK, we can also extend range to something you may have grown up with on the farm, backyard, etc.

Also tell us what gun you're enjoyed shooting the most.

I've had the most fun with a old semi-auto .22 on my uncles farm. I never had a pellet gun, this was my toy, and this probably still feeds my passion for semi auto's. I shot more rounds through this little thing than I care to remember. I remember getting a 'brick' of bullets before the holidays, and it hardly ever lasted. I then graduated to a mini-14 which was a lot more fun, needless to say. ;D I bought my own Mini many moons ago and still enjoy shooting this little rifle, but its now been eclipsed by my AR. Its small, light, accurate and it gives you that feel good factor, my current favourite. fighting0002

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Default Re: Whats your favourite range gun?

I have an old S&W M17 (K22) .22LR revolver that is still in pristine condition. If I told people some of the shots I have made with that llittle gun back when I still had 'eyes', they would call me a liar. It has been and remains my favorite for a fun and inexpensive afternoon at the range and has introduced many people, including several kids, to the joys of shooting.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Mine would be a Browning Hi Power, my father taught me to shoot with his old hi power. A real beauty to shoot and if he gave it to me i would have used that as everyday carry and not the Glock... :o

My favourite range gun is my Anschutz .22LR, it was my Grandfathers & then he passed it on to me before he passed away.

She's a beaut, is wickedly accurate and a pleasure to shoot even if the stocks a bit short for me (and a bit too long for my daughter but she's also damn accurate with it!).

User

A series 70 Gold Cup ( not brass receptacle abhm) it was my carry gun for years before I saw the light. It has great sentimental value and is great fun to shoot. I also shot the best 25 metre group of my life with it about an inch and a half (with witnesses). Just a cool gun.

My G19 with an Advantage Arms 22lr top end is a blast.
    Kept clean and lubed, it digests all ammo that I've fed it but don't try and use subsonics when dirty :(

I'm a polymer pusher. However, I really enjoy shooting my Ruger GP100 6" .357. I don't shoot it very often, so it's a real treat when I let it out to play. Oddly enough I also get some twisted pleasure out of shooting my Colt Series 70 Gvmt .45. I think I'm going to Gaston's hell for heresy! :P
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind
    I'm a polymer pusher. However, I really enjoy shooting my Ruger GP100 6" .357. I don't shoot it very often, so it's a real treat when I let it out to play. Oddly enough I also get some twisted pleasure out of shooting my Colt Series 70 Gvmt .45. I think I'm going to Gaston's hell for heresy! :P
    You probably like your women to beat you too.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bla
    Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    What's wrong with that?
    You beat me to it! ;D
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast